Farmall Super A

Here's where we talk about the big red stuff.
stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Farmall Super A

Post by stevet »

Wanted some opinions and thoughts. I've found a Farmall Super A I was thinking about picking up for Cory. He's expressed an interest in doing the big tractor pulls, and I wanted to start him on something on the smaller side. The Super A is in overall pretty good shape, needs a battery and maybe the charging system gone over, but otherwise solid. What does everyone think of the Super A, good and bad? Also, what type of rear hitches can be used on it or are available, as well as attachments? Thanks for any input!
Attachments
Super A.jpg

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Re: Farmall Super A

Post by J Hayes »

I don't know much about them , but for that money I'd at least throw a coat of paint on her and make a few bucks .

looks like good straight tin and surprisingly not any oil leaks to amount to. With weights and all make it more of a higher level - snow blade.

They seem to go for 1500-and up on this end of the state and not that good looking.

Maybe Mathew would come down a little if he was shown cash ? Young guy could probably use the money .
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

albie
First and Last Name: Albie Breidenbaugh

Post by albie »

Steve that looks pretty good and the price is good, when I got Ariels BN for 1200 a junk A was bringing 1500. They all need battery boxes, throttle plates(the teeth are always worn off) and wiring work.
Just gotta get Cory on it :lol:
105 147 1650 382 782D

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

Well, missed that one! Called tonight to get pick it up and it was sold. I was there around 4 this afternoon, and called back around 8:30 and it was gone. Oh well, I'll keep my eyes open and see what else I can come up with. Cory was really happy with the size of the Super A so I'll be looking for one of those.

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Hey Steve !! :email:
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .