1st drive!!

Here's where we talk about the big red stuff.
deathbypsi
First and Last Name: brian rasey

1st drive!!

Post by deathbypsi »

Wow,Im so excited! Got to drive my fathers old 48 Farmall for the first time in over 10 years tonite. He parked it years ago for reasons unknown anymore but left it to me when I bought his house 1 year ago. I spent the last week workin on it little at a time and tonite it moved under its own power for the first time.
Best part is I spent less than 175.00 to get this far! New battery,oil & filter,geased it up,aired it up,cleaned it,new plugs,cleaned cap & rotor,tightened belts,cleaned gas tank,new fuel line& filter and I rebuilt the carb with complete kit from Stiener. I added a fitting to the intake so I could dial in the carb with my vac gauge and she still pulls 15" of vaccum at idle.Fires up on 1st try everytime now and runs like a top.Clutch has some chatter I will look into tomorrow along with wiring up all the lights.
Then I called my dad and he about fell out of his chair when I told him I was out makin laps in the yard and pushing stone around with the plow.He didnt think it would run again.Wish I could have seen his smile!

wdeturck

Re: 1st drive!!

Post by wdeturck »

:o Great story for us and your DAD :o

jglass
First and Last Name: John K. Glass

Post by jglass »

Nice srory Brian, what model of farmall ? jglass

jglass
First and Last Name: John K. Glass