4a084 military engine

This is your place for high horsepower and traction!
smallengines
First and Last Name: Jesse White

4a084 military engine

Post by smallengines »

good morning,
i do not mean any harm and do not like to call out people individually so im doing this carefully,
i was browing the net for information on Military Standard Engines and came across this nice looking site and pictures of ScuberSteve's pulling cub with the 4a084 military engine and was wondering how that engine has worked out as a puller engine in a cub tractor.
i was also wondering if the engine itself was modified for more horsepower, RPMs, and if the carburator was changed.
i have 2 of the smaller military engine 2A016-3 twin cylinder horizontal shaft inline engines i am modifying for more horsepower, one of the engine is on a ariens snowblower with the 27 inch lawn mower deck and is very pleased with it, in it's stock configuration it provides plenty of power.
the 2nd 2A016-3 engine is a test engine were all the experimenting is done on.
i am aware of the diferences in the 4A084 engines to the 2A016 engines but the similarities between the two is why im asking,
i hope im not stepping on anyones toes here by my post, i do not have a cub (gave to my brother years ago) so by me joining a cub cadet forum is kind of odd
any and all comments and help will be insanely appreciated by me,
jesse