Loadstar

All the other stuff IH related!
CubbinCal
First and Last Name: Calvin Woodrey

Loadstar

Post by CubbinCal »

I had a chance to play with a mid 70's Loadstar today. We had a cleanup day at our church this morning and one of the members brought this in to haul away brush.
loadstar 2.jpg
loadstar 2.jpg (7.09 KiB) Viewed 8614 times
loadstar 1.jpg
loadstar 1.jpg (6.82 KiB) Viewed 8614 times
Reminded me of my uncles mid 60's Loadstar that I drove back in the day. The uncles Loadstar had a 304 V8 with a 4 speed trans and NO power steering. I didn't peek under the hood of this one but it did have power steering. ;-) The front sheet metal is different but the inside of the cab sure looks the same.
I'm hittin easy street on AG tires!

Mayor
First and Last Name: Tony Woodrum

Re: Loadstar

Post by Mayor »

Cal....that's the exact truck that I'm restoring right now! Right down too the color!. I'm putting the original flatbed back on it but it will tilt when we're done......I almost opted for rollback bed but there just too pricey too find in decent shape!. I figure with the hydraulic tilt and a couple of short slide in ramps....loading the farmalls should be a piece of cake!.

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Mayor wrote:Cal....that's the exact truck that I'm restoring right now! Right down too the color!. I'm putting the original flatbed back on it but it will tilt when we're done......I almost opted for rollback bed but there just too pricey too find in decent shape!. I figure with the hydraulic tilt and a couple of short slide in ramps....loading the farmalls should be a piece of cake!.
Shouldn't be hard fer some of us IH minded cub injuneers to help design a roll back out of a flat bed with a couple slots to accept three hidden ramps under the bed.If ya got access for the undercarrage off a rough looking rollback.

If ye get that thing on the road Maybe at a plow day some time you'll let me take that short throw gear gnashing 5x2 speed fer a trip around the block fer nostalgic reasons. :)

By The way did ya rename a lodge yet or Possum lodge still there ?
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

Mayor
First and Last Name: Tony Woodrum

Post by Mayor »

Possum Lodge is still alive and kickin......although we have been pretty busy with the new farm and everything, we're planning a work party up there soon too catch things up a bit!

I actually just brought the Loadstar home and its now parked on my driveway waiting on completion of the refurbish! Got a little ways too go but its coming along nicely.

The rollback for the truck is looking better and better.....probably gonna build one!.
I'm really hoping too make it too Ft. Allen this year....I really missed it last year and I sure miss the ole gang. Seems life got a little too busy for me the last few years......time too slow down and get back too what's important.

I was looking over the coral yesterday and the ole 1450 is just sitting there.....well......bout time too get that back up and running also!....had some good times with that ole tractor. Rusty is still here and aging wonderfully.....as is the 108 with rear pto and the 100!.

As far as the Loadstar goes?
Well.....she has a MV404 gasser under the hood with a T496 5 spd backing that up too a Eaton electric 2 spd rear. I'm gonna leave things stock for a while and see how she runs but I'm not against plopping a cummins under the hood either someday!!!!.

Oh yeah.......Jim....Your more than welcome too grind them ole gears anytime when we get her back on her wheels!!!!.