Dave Kamp's "new" IH 4130 Skid Loader

All the other stuff IH related!
Marlin
First and Last Name: Marlin Homrighausen

Dave Kamp's "new" IH 4130 Skid Loader

Post by Marlin »

Hi, Everyone. Just wanted to let all know that last night, I had the privilege of helping Dave Kamp rescue an IH 4130 Skid Loader from being cut up for scrap. I didn't get any pictures since it turns dark by 5:00 p.m. Anyway... a little over a year ago a good friend and co-worker had an engine fire that toasted the wires, seat and engine. The local CASE IH dealer told the insurance company it would cost $10,000.00 to fix a skid loader worth $3,500.00. I put Dave and Dale in touch with each other and all I can say is Dave has the skid loader safely home in LeClaire. As he finds time he's going to rebuild it. So... let's send Dave some emails asking for pictures of it now and as he works on it. I am sending him a manual for Wisconsin Engines (paying him back a little bit for honoring me to help his Cub parts find new homes). I do know that Dave will be looking for another engine and other parts, service and owners manual, etc. So... I pray that Dave sees this and keeps everyone updated with his progress. And maybe someone might have some parts or knows where Dave can obtain parts reasonable. :beer:

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Re: Dave Kamp's "new" IH 4130 Skid Loader

Post by BigMike »

Knowing Dave it will end up with a turbocharged cat or cummins diesel :beer:
Cool find Dave!
Thanks for letting us know Marlin.

Marlin
First and Last Name: Marlin Homrighausen

Re: Dave Kamp's "new" IH 4130 Skid Loader

Post by Marlin »

Dave already has the engine pulled and he's looking for a new power supply. He's also looking for some pumps and motors for his hydrostatic forklift which is giving him fits. As busy as he is it amazes me how he keeps up with himself.