Southwest Georgia Plow Day.........November 7-8 2014

List a new topic for every plow day and event out there. Then we can talk about each one under its topic for planning, questions, directions, etc.
Cookieman
First and Last Name: Robert Webb

Southwest Georgia Plow Day.........November 7-8 2014

Post by Cookieman »

I have relatives that live in Preston Ga and have plenty of land to host a plow day........now HOW MANY people would be interested in going to a plow day down there? Most of the ground down there is a SANDY based soil and should be EXCELLENT plowing. All of the Southern guys are always looking for new plow day opportunities......this could be a GOOD one..............I am sure that he cold come up with more land than we could plow! For those of you that have attended the Alabama Plow Day in Guntersville, AL.......then you can see that this about the same type soil if not a little more sand content. All of his fields have either Peanuts or Cotton on them. Once he harvest the cotton, he will bushhog the fields so there shouldnt be a lot of issues with trash in the fields. If we plow one of the Peanut fields, they should be REALLY GOOD plowing since they actually plow the fields during the harvesting process. This event is not meant to replace or compete with the one that Vince hosts in South Carolina, just trying to add another event to the mix in the South......and to CHALLENGE Vince to come play with the "Deere Boys"......lol

The picture is of one of the fields that he plowed a week or so ago.......and no he isnt plowing backwards...lol he is using a 4 bottom flip plow.

To give you a general idea......Preston is about 2 hours due south of Atlanta and about 1 1/2 due east of Montgomery.
W Centerpoint Rd
Preston, GA 31824
32.031337, -84.601132

That is not the exact location of the plow fields but will be within 5 miles of there. So....start making your plans to attend........lol

There is a motel in Richland, Ga (about 10 miles away) that you could stay in or there are a few larger towns around that you might find a motel. I am going to call and see what the availability looks like for that weekend and see if we can get a group rate. The only issue I see with that is that it is during hunting season and a LOT of people from out of town hunt this area.
Attachments
South Ga Dirt.jpg
South Ga Dirt.jpg (46.42 KiB) Viewed 3401 times

Cookieman

Re: Southwest Georgia Plow Day.........November 7-8 2014

Post by Cookieman »

Vince...............have you started planning YOUR Fall Plow day?

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Yes Robert got a land owner, 2 of them, that would love to have us. Bean fields, not the nice soft dirt me you and Todd did, but a nice lay out. Hes got Wheel Horse in his barn, and his big tractors are IH and Case.

Just when it will be, too dang busy right now to think 3 days in advance!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

Cookieman

Post by Cookieman »

As usual............Vince has chickened out of coming to play with "Deere Gang"..........he is too afraid that we will plow him and his "SUPERCUB" under in the South Georgia soil...............that cub would be a nice field ornament though..............burying Vince probably wouldnt help the crop production though......lol Vince..............YOU KNOW, that I cant let you slide by and not harass you on your home turf..........lol

Look forward to bring KIMMEDEERE to South Carolina and turning some dirt with you in the Spring...........maybe you will have that gear drive figured out and possibly running by then........ :lol:

Oak
First and Last Name: Todd O'Connor

Post by Oak »

Anybody going to this or am I going to be the only guy on a yellow and white machine there?

Cookieman

Post by Cookieman »

FALL PLOW DAY HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!