Mini-New Holland Rake

Here's where you can post your Cub Cadet based specials. Actually, if it's cool and not Cub based, post it anyway!
Paulf
First and Last Name: Paul E. Funk

Mini-New Holland Rake

Post by Paulf »

I built a 1/3 scale New Holland rake several years ago to rake our yard with my original.
lores left_rear.jpg
Recently someone emailed me asking me for information about building one. I searched and found some information and posted an article on my website, http://www.cubcadetman.com/content/inde ... &Itemid=55. If you aren't interested in building something like this, it probably won't be anything that's of interest to you.

Mainly I'm just trying to feel my way around this new website. I tried the \link{.....} but that apparently doesn't work here. I'm hoping the URL thing works since I've never used it before.

And, I'd like to add my thanks to all the effort and work that's gone into getting this site up and going. It's good to be back.

Under edit: guess I still haven't figured out how to submit a photo. I'm going to try in a separate posting.

Under edit: Edit: Thanks Dave. It worked.
Last edited by Paulf on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

John T
First and Last Name: John Teller

Re: Mini-New Holland Rake

Post by John T »

As you can see, we're still ironing out a bunch of configuration issues.

If you want to post a link, click on the URL button at the top of the box into which you type your message.

You can also type in the BBCode directly:

Code: Select all

[url][/url] -- For links
[img][/img] -- For images

Paulf

Post by Paulf »

I wanted to post a picture of the rake being pulled behind my original. I thought I'd just use the "Img" icon above, insert a name, and be prompted to attach a picture but that didn't work. Can someone straighten me out. TIA

Paul

Under Edit: Thanks Dave. That worked!!!
Last edited by Paulf on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

Paul,

At the bottom of a post theres 2 tabs that say options and upload attachments.... click on the upload attachments and browse for your photo... under 256k and 600x 800 i think
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

Brendan
First and Last Name: Brendan Brigham

Post by Brendan »

Paul, thats sweet ! I pull a tandem set NH rakes around every year with a 7600. I've thought about building just what you did cause my yard grows terribly fast and needs to be raked a lot, I just don't have the place or equipment here to do it. Looks Great ! How well does it roll the finer cut grass ?
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who don't.

Paulf

Post by Paulf »

Brendan, it did a fairly good job. The problem was when the windrow got too large it would wrap the grass all the way around. On your rakes you'll notice there's some bars that wrap around the "basket" to prevent this. I never got around to installing them on the mini-rake -- especially after I got an E-Z Vac system.

Glad you enjoyed the rake. I get a lot of comments on it at shows.

Racenitro
First and Last Name: Frank S. Morski

Post by Racenitro »

Now all you need is one of the minature roll balers.