tricycle front axle

Here's where you can post your Cub Cadet based specials. Actually, if it's cool and not Cub based, post it anyway!
CCobb
First and Last Name: Carson Cobb

tricycle front axle

Post by CCobb »

Does anyone know who fabricates the tricycle front axles that are seen occasionally on cub cadets?

Paulf
First and Last Name: Paul E. Funk

Re: tricycle front axle

Post by Paulf »

Carson, Cub Cadet didn't make a tricycle front end. Those are all custom made. If you look here http://www.cubcadetman.com/content/inde ... &Itemid=55 , you can see how I did mine. I think most of them are along the same lines. Hope this helps.

Paul

CCobb
First and Last Name: Carson Cobb

Post by CCobb »

Thanks Paul. I'll check it out and see what happens.

mlamar
First and Last Name: Mike LaMar

Post by mlamar »

Paulf
Your cubcadetman site is a keeper. I just bookmarked it. Thanks for some interesting info and great pictures.

Paulf

Post by Paulf »

Mike, thanks for the nice comment. It really helps to have a son that's got a degree in computer science. My two sons gave me that domain name as a birthday present several years ago.

shorty
First and Last Name: Shawn Swogger

Post by shorty »

Paulf wrote:Mike, thanks for the nice comment. It really helps to have a son that's got a degree in computer science. My two sons gave me that domain name as a birthday present several years ago.
I just found cubcadetman the other day. I really liked your site. I was looking at your sickle bar, because I have to build the bar for the lift assist, mine is missing. I do have a question for you. The bar that drives the cutting bar has two 1/4 " bolts that hold it on. The two bolts thread down into some type of known turning nut. One of mine broke, do you know of anything that could be used to replace them(one of mine broke) or am I going to have to fab something up? Again cool site!!
Between cub cadets, aircooled vw's, and polaris snowmobiles I have three too many hobbies

Paulf

Post by Paulf »

Thanks for the compliments, Shawn. I think my email from that site is not working right now, but my computer science sons are working on it.

I've seen I think 4 different ways those brackets are held on the sickle bar. One just had the bolts threaded down into the bar, one used rivets to hold it on, one had some kind of special nut that fit up into the bar, and one just had a nut on the end of the bolt. The nut was small like a jam nut, but if I recall correctly, there's a lot of room under there for even a regular nut. If you decide to go the rivet route, you should be able to purchase rivets at any farm supply store. Just make sure you don't just flare the end of the rivet. You want the rivet to bulge and fill the entire hole. I think I'd start by just seeing if there was room for a nylock nut to begin with. Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

rbeem
First and Last Name: Rick Beem

Post by rbeem »

I've seen somebody selling a pretty nice pre-fabbed tricycle front on Evilpay. Price seems pretty reasonable for what you get. I don't see any listed currently, but they've been on there regularly.

rbeem
First and Last Name: Rick Beem

Post by rbeem »

I now see one just listed, Look up "Cub Cadet Narrow Front it"

shorty
First and Last Name: Shawn Swogger

Post by shorty »

Between cub cadets, aircooled vw's, and polaris snowmobiles I have three too many hobbies