Custom decals

Here's where you can post your Cub Cadet based specials. Actually, if it's cool and not Cub based, post it anyway!
cadetpwr
First and Last Name: Mike Toney

Custom decals

Post by cadetpwr »

I think it would be cool to have the dash side, hood and side panel decals on my 1650 printed on reflectve material. Would look basicly the same as factory but be reflective at night. Good for winter duties when its dark and dreary outside. Does anybody know someone that can do this affordably? Mike
Cub Cadet, building it better since 1961

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Re: Custom decals

Post by Farmallgray »

Mike,
Probably anyone with a vinyl cutter could do it. Most of what you pay is for the design work. You probably have several sign shops in your area who could do it. The other problem is whether 3M or whoever makes a reflective material the right color.
The black couldn't be reflective, so it would have to be the blue. They may not make a blue in reflective that would look good in the daylight. It might be simpler/cheaper to just put some reflective white stripes above or below the blue and black. Maybe you could outline the stock stripes with 1/4" wide reflective pinstripe. That wouldn't be very noticeable in daylight but would look cool at night.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Re: Custom decals

Post by J Hayes »

Farmallgray wrote:Mike,

The black couldn't be reflective, That wouldn't be very noticeable in daylight but would look cool at night.
Black letters on our local taxi terminal are reflective showing a bright silver/ white at night.

http://www.digitaldgs.com/ this is in our vendor lists he does fine work
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .