Could a 12hp 2 cyl Kubota diesel be stuffed in a model 70?

Here's where you can post your Cub Cadet based specials. Actually, if it's cool and not Cub based, post it anyway!
cadetpwr
First and Last Name: Mike Toney

Could a 12hp 2 cyl Kubota diesel be stuffed in a model 70?

Post by cadetpwr »

This is probably a question for Kurt, could a 2 cylinder Kutbota 12hp diesel be stuffed into a model 70 and keep it looking fairly stock, still able to mow grass ect? All of the factory diesel tractors are to large for daily use. A smaller tractor with a single or twin cylinder diesel would be perfect and easy on fuel. Anybody up for a challenge? My fab skills are not up to the task the way I would want it to turn out. Mike
Cub Cadet, building it better since 1961

Ksmith
First and Last Name: Kurt Smith

Re: Could a 12hp 2 cyl Kubota diesel be stuffed in a model 7

Post by Ksmith »

My guess would be yes... I have a 2 cyl Kubota in the shop that I'm going to mount in a narrow frame and make an Oliver orchard model with. I have the radiator figured out from the two other diesels I've done. The radiators I used in those tractors will fit inside a narrow frame with the lower hood. I would say you may need to either move the clutch assembly back or lengthen the frame a little, but I do know that the 2 cylinder engine is shorter than the 3's.

If I can help, just ask. The radiators that I use are custom made in Detroit and cost $500 each plus shipping.

Kurt