Cub Cadet Dozer

Here's where you can post your Cub Cadet based specials. Actually, if it's cool and not Cub based, post it anyway!
Paulf
First and Last Name: Paul E. Funk

Cub Cadet Dozer

Post by Paulf »

I thought I had my winter project finished and ready to wait for warm weather for painting.
lores left front.jpg
But, I had it out driving it around when there was a pop, and I lost steering on the left side.
lores broken brake support.jpg
I thought I’d just make right turns and get it back into the barn. But there was another pop and the left steering was gone as well. In case someone doesn’t recognize the piece, that’s the bracket that holds the brake caliper. I’ve got some cast iron ones that I’ll replace the aluminum with and hopefully it will hold. Then back into the barn until the weather is warm enough to paint.

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Re: Cub Cadet Dozer

Post by Paul B »

Crawler looks good Paul. Would the welded steel brackets work better than the cast ones? I have seen the welded steel brackets, but don't know that I have ever seen the cast aluminum brackets (or cast iron), but then most of what I mess with have internal brakes. I have a pair of the welded steel if you need them.
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

Paulf
First and Last Name: Paul E. Funk

Post by Paulf »

Paul, I'll keep that in mind. I haven't had a chance to try out the cast iron ones yet to see what they'll do. It's pretty muddy here and a guy from church wants me to mount a Cub Cadet blade on his off topic ZTR. At least on the steel ones I could always weld in some reinforcement. I guess it puts a lot of strain on that bracket when you stop the track.

I'm hoping to be in your city in a couple weeks to attend the National Farm Show. Do you make those or have you seen all of them you want to see?

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Paul ...... That is too Cool :beer: :beer: :beer:

A mini cub crawler/dozer is on my to do list .
When I build mine its going to have an Original or 100 style look .
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

Paul,
I use to go but haven't been the last couple of years. I don't know what half that stuff is or does anymore, and the tractors don't look like tractors. I would go and walk around till I got tired, and then go back home. Anymore, that dosen't take too long. :roll: :lol:
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

JLazar
First and Last Name: John Lazar

Post by JLazar »

Very interesting track tractor! Hope you have made time to start the repair of the brake caliper bracket. I'll keep my eyes peeled, lol! :D
Expect The Best; IH Cub Cadet!