mount rototiller on lawn mower

Here's where you can post your Cub Cadet based specials. Actually, if it's cool and not Cub based, post it anyway!
chief
First and Last Name: Dave Bentz

mount rototiller on lawn mower

Post by chief »

The idea is to mount my new rototiller to the back of one of my lawn mower so it don't beat me to death. so I came up with a plan, I have an old 12 volt gate opener that still works and it will go in and out about 18 inchs, I don't need it to go that far but I already have it and it will lift about 300 LBS.
So this is what I came up with this far, I now have to make the mounts on the Rototiller,
I started with this 1/4 steel plate 8 X 14 inch and welded angle iron on it to hold the lower end of the gate opener,

PTWannaHave
First and Last Name: Ben Michaud

Re: mount rototiller on lawn mower

Post by PTWannaHave »

Whoa!! :o

You need to find yourself a Cub to restore... ;)

As Red Green (TV personality well known in Canada & parts of the US) says: "If they don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!"

Looking forward to the finished project pic,
PTWannaHave

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Chef
I agree more pics, a cub cadet would make a better starting point and keep up the good work!
Joe

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Ben , speaking of Red Green , I see Dave is already using Red Greens favorite construction / repair material in the form of duct tape on the seat .
I once adapted a sears 5 hp rotor tiller to mount to the rear sleeve hitch of a 124 cub cadet .
A little noisy but it did save your arms and back.... :lol:
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

Only suggestion I have is to reverse the tiller so the tines are rotating the opposite direction of tractor motion. They till better and generally bounce less.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

chief

Post by chief »

well I got it done today and it works fine, it took me a little longer than I thought it would but it is built extra strong,
and I think I found an old cub cadet not sure what it is are if it runs, the guy wants 200 bucks for it,

kwright782
First and Last Name: Keith Wright

Post by kwright782 »

Nice Job. The tines need to go in reverse direction. With the tractor not having any weight the tiller will push the tractor in hard ground. Transmission on the Sears mower will probably not hold up to the tiller pushing the tractor.

I have ran a Cub Cadet that had a 36 inch tiller and would push the tractor without any weight.

Just my thought.

PTWannaHave
First and Last Name: Ben Michaud

Post by PTWannaHave »

Thanks for the pics!

Well, if someone was to undertake that kind of 'off the beaten path' project, I don't think they could've done a better job... :)

$200. for a running vintage Cub seems reasonable to me. I would buy one at that price not running if I'm in need of several NLA parts.

Cheers,
PTWannaHave

chief

Post by chief »

If it looks like there is going to be a problem I can turn the tiller around with just a little more welding and drilling, and I may do it anyway just to see if it works better, :idea:
so far it is working good, :beer: