Custom Cat 0 plow

Here's where you can post your Cub Cadet based specials. Actually, if it's cool and not Cub based, post it anyway!
ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Custom Cat 0 plow

Post by ksanders »

I finally got some quality plowing in this year for the first time in several years thanks to the absence of unneccesary stresses brought on by modern-day college. I looked a good while for a Cat 0 plow. Found a couple local that well eclipsed the $300 mark FIRM and several more reasonably but a GOOD day or two away so I decided to just buckle down and stick with this until I was done. Jobs certainly go quicker when your drill press puts 1.25" holes in .25" steel in about 3 seconds.
It started with a spare sleeve hitch plow that came with a tractor I got. I tried a custom A-frame mounted in the center but it flexed too much and wasn't off-set to the right enough to plow right. So try #2 featured a huge piece of steel reinforcing the back of the A-frame, a new set of holes and sleeve hitch mount off-set to the right, and a custom guage wheel I whipped up. I also left extra holes in the A-frame for future projects just in case. Ya never know. It worked fantastic. Plowed a good sized garden with it both already plowed and some never plowed ground. Dug a wide enough furrow for the 12" SGT tires easily, all of the adjustments this set-up allows proved very useful, never flexed or buckled under a heavy load from the 982, and turned the ground as good as any sleeve hitch ever did. Then of course had to tear it down and paint it since I painted the A-frame black when I made it and nothing about any of it looked good.
If you want a cat-0 set-up and couldn't find a decent one within a few states like me this might be worth the time.
Attachments
parts 033.jpg
parts 034.jpg
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Custom Cat 0 plow

Post by dag1450 »

Looks great . I'm still looking for a 3 pt for the 2072.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.