Engines

Here's where you can post your Cub Cadet based specials. Actually, if it's cool and not Cub based, post it anyway!
planejeff
First and Last Name: Jeff McDonald

Engines

Post by planejeff »

What type of different engines have been used to modify for 129.

DaveKamp
First and Last Name: Dave Kamp

Re: Engines

Post by DaveKamp »

Hmmm... Jeff hasn't checked in here since October... but then again, nobody answered.

The 109, 129,149 etc., are all '1x9'... aka 'wide-frame' models, the 'stock' motors being all Kohler K-series single... the K241 (10hp) in the 109, the K301 (12hp) in the 129, and the K341 (14hp) in the 149... and yet a larger in the 169, but I don't remember it's K-number. The 24,30,and 34 refer to displacement in cubic inches. The 1 signifies a single cylinder.

Now... stepping out of the 'stock' world... I've seen... Techumseh singles, Wisconsin V4's, Briggs Vanguard twins, Kawasaki twins, later Kohler singles, Chinese clones of diesel singles (Kubota/Yanmar/etc), Subaru Robin V-twins, Honda twins, Teledyne/Continental/Etc mil-spec 4A032 flat fours, Hercules ZXB water cooled flathead fours, Honda CX500 liquid cooled four-valve V-twin, Kohler KT/Magnum opposed twins, a Kawasaki Hyabusa somethingorother, 2.5L Iron Duke, TWO Briggs 12hp engines, GEO Metro (Suzuki) 3-cylinder, a Wisconsin TJD, Chevy 2.8L V6, Onan CCKs, Mazda 13B rotary, and a 2.2 from an early '80's Plymouth Reliant K. I suppose that if you REALLY wanted to, you could put a Cummins 4BT in there... or a Wright Cyclone (don't rev either of those up without ROPS)...

The WF is the older brother of the QL frame... major difference being that the QL used an isolation cradle on rubber mounts... one can put a Honda GX660/660 25hp in there without too much difficulty.

What did you have in mind? :mrgreen:
Yes, I'm a Mad Scientist... but I'm usually happy, even when things ain't goin right.