Pics to come

Here's where you can post your Cub Cadet based specials. Actually, if it's cool and not Cub based, post it anyway!
mykids32
First and Last Name: Aric Schneider

Pics to come

Post by mykids32 »

I will be finishing my Cub with the following set up on it. Here is a link. It will be phenominal.

www.ubuilditplans.com

Look at the dozer stuff. I should have mine done in about 3 weeks. Will surely post pics and have more information if wanted. :D

bardenl
First and Last Name: Larry R Barden

Re: Pics to come

Post by bardenl »

Aric.
are you building the Dozer or the Back-hoe.
I looked at the web-site looks very interesting.
may order the plans for the dozer. have cubs i could ues for the tractor.
If you got the plans, were they like they say there.
Thanks Larry. :shock:

mykids32

Post by mykids32 »

Larry, I got the plans for the Dozer. I have been very busy since then pricing everything. They are just like they say they are. I really like them. It will be a very slow process, but can be done if someone had the stuff, steel and gears and everything present, I would say in about a month. It is very heavily built!! Not in weight, but in lasting, very carefully designed. Its really simple. Basically, a gear is put on the end of the axle, and with chain drives another "axle" that has the tracks on it. You use 2 disc brakes that he can supply, one on each side for turning.

There is a web site www.surpluscenter.com
They have all the gears, and chain there. I am getting the bushings and DOM from him, and the disc brakes and special things. The stuff from Surplus Center should be about $1000. The steel, about $200, and the parts from the guy at Ubuildit, maybe $300. But, It will outlast most garden tractors, as long as your tranny does well.

I am very excited. I am using a Sears Suburban garden tractor, though, cause I dont have a Cub readily available. He recommends a gear drive.

Let me know if you have any questions.

5035072976 Thats my cell.

Good luck!

Aric

bardenl

Post by bardenl »

Aric.
Thank you very much.
I have a 120 cub with creper gear in it looking to build something with It.
I think I will order the plans and look then over and start building.
Thanks again. Larry :P :P

bardenl

Post by bardenl »

My cub is a 102.
fat fingered the key.
Larry :oops: :oops:
You can edit and/or delete your previous post. Thanks Geezer

mykids32

Post by mykids32 »

Larry,

They called me today, the people at ubuilitplans.com and thanked me. I have talked to a lot of people this weekend about the plans, and they sold 8 copies. It was a great weekend for them. On the other hand, I found some rubber tracks from a mini-excavator, and I found a place locally that has a CNC machine and will cut me the sprockets I need for those tracks, for $60 a sprocket. I will let you know what I decide to do. Also, they, my supplier offered me 4 different types of chain, like what the plans recommend, so not sure what all to do now. Feel free to call with any questions. 5035072976

Aric