Future project 1872

Here's where you can post your Cub Cadet based specials. Actually, if it's cool and not Cub based, post it anyway!
WHYDE
First and Last Name: Wayne Hyde

Future project 1872

Post by WHYDE »

I'm picking up a 1872 with no motor, was told it looks good but haven't seen it yet. I keep wanting to make a standard super. Whats the differnce in lenghts between regular and a super,what's creeper lenght so I can compare, I have a 1535 rearend with creeper? Would like to keep hydraulics but cost will probaly stop that for now, But for now that's wishful thinking. Thanks

Racenitro
First and Last Name: Frank S. Morski

Re: Future project 1872

Post by Racenitro »

Once you have a real SUPER you won't want to change it. Only improvement is rear housing...otherwise they are great just as they are. The power steering and steering brakes will spoil you quickly. The extra length and 26x12x12 plus larger front tires mean a more stable tractor.
The 20HP Mag is excellent power...
I have a yard full of supers and would not think of going backwards.

WHYDE

Post by WHYDE »

This tractor is missing motor and possibly other parts, last one of these I had was in bad shape ( I don't think it had a tight bolt in it and threw driveshaft out) this one is a unknown condition at this time it's futute will depend on condition. Thanks

dday2613
First and Last Name: Damon Johnson

Post by dday2613 »

I have a 1572 diesel Super and there is nothing like it!! Like the previous post says, the rear ends come loose pretty easy and will eat up drive lines/engine couplers. Very expen$$ive to work on and fix. But once you know the nature of the beast, they are not so bad to keep up with.

WHYDE

Post by WHYDE »

Trying to put std rearend from 1535 in my 1872, am having problem with shifter hitting battery box don't know why, had to put front two holes for rearend in frame, maybe puts rearend to high, maybe shifter different placement, has anyone else did this, any help would be great. Thanks

lsmurphy
First and Last Name: Scott Murphy

Post by lsmurphy »

Pics would help a lot here............