Driveshaft drilling jig

Post your custom tools or how to information here (caption your photo's) and we'll move any that are good to archive, into the How To section of the manuals.
Forum rules
This section is reserved for semi detailed posts describing how you made a custom tool, or a detailed procedure for repairing a certain assembly of a tractor. Pictures are pretty much required
Posts in this section now have to be approved before they become visible.
If your looking for help repairing something please post in the shooting the breeze or the forum that pertains to your question.
Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Driveshaft drilling jig

Post by Farmallgray »

This was on the old site and it was requseted that I post it here. This was built by my Grandad who was a machinist. It works great for centering the holes in driveshafts.
jig 001 (Medium).jpg
jig 002 (Medium).jpg
The shaft fits in the V and the verticle bolt clamps it down. It did have interchangable pilots for drilling different size holes but they have gotten lost.
If I have to drill a different size, I'll make new ones.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

JeremyCusick
First and Last Name: Jeremy Cusick

Re: Driveshaft drilling jig

Post by JeremyCusick »

Pretty slick! I always envisioned making one where it's just 2 v blocks forming the 2 halves. I've not made one yet, but only because I haven't needed it.... yet. :D

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Re: Driveshaft drilling jig

Post by Jeff in Pa »

Farmallgray wrote:........ It did have interchangable pilots for drilling different size holes but they have gotten lost.

:beer:
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift