Front Mounted Trailer Hitch

Post your custom tools or how to information here (caption your photo's) and we'll move any that are good to archive, into the How To section of the manuals.
Forum rules
This section is reserved for semi detailed posts describing how you made a custom tool, or a detailed procedure for repairing a certain assembly of a tractor. Pictures are pretty much required
Posts in this section now have to be approved before they become visible.
If your looking for help repairing something please post in the shooting the breeze or the forum that pertains to your question.
wshytle
First and Last Name: Wayne Shytle

Front Mounted Trailer Hitch

Post by wshytle »

I have needed this for quite a while now so I decided to just get it done. I do wish I had cooler weather for the welding part. I took an old rusty wide frame mule drive and after "cooking" it in the electrolysis tank for a couple of days I got started. It's rather simple in design but works very well. You can thread a needle with a trailer using this thing. I'm in the process now of making a grill protector for the approach to a trailer. Those grills don't come cheap.
DSC03414.JPG
DSC03420.JPG
DSC03418.JPG
The tractor I'm using is an old work horse I use all the time hence the lack of proper paint and decals. It's a 108/128. The po put a replacement K301 in place of the K241. If you have trailers and tight places I would recommend making one of these hitches.

Nikster
First and Last Name: Nik Reikalas

Re: Front Mounted Trailer Hitch

Post by Nikster »

Great idea.

Too bad I never thought of taking a picture. But....... Before I got hooked on cubbies I noticed a guy in Wisconsin that had a boat/marina joint & that's all he used to move boats. I mean some big ones too. Even back then I was impressed that his cub cadet could do that. I do remember asking him about the little yellow tractor, stated that he's been doing it for over 30 years.

Nik,