Getting back

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
LFR
First and Last Name: Lorin Burch

Getting back

Post by LFR »

I have used black bull 80 grit glass beads for a while now and have really played with them! They are a good abrasive but the best nozzle to use is 7 mm and pressure regulator set to 110 psi. My dad is letting me use his husky 80 gallon 16.4 cfm compressor which runs about 70 percent of time 30 percent off. glass beads do break down after a while so they don't take off rust as fast but they still work great. I wish they would make 60 grit glass as it would take rust off twice as fast. When the cabinet comes to your door it says regulate pressure to 80 psi while you think the garden hose will break it doesn't. I played with the regulator settings and have had it up to 125 psi pressure, it does take off rust really fast but is way to dusty. Even with a good shop vac. I have experimented this with optimal performance and 110s about all you want to go before it just gets to dusty to see. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting plastic film for your viewing window. If not you will be replacing you viewing glass I will upload a pic or 2 of the set up. Which is kinda fancy. But this is what you should do if using glass beads. Ps the cabinet I am using is a job smart cabine, the larger floor model. This will leak if not sealed we'll so be prepared and take your time cheers and :beer:
67 Case 155, 66 Colt 2310, 68 John Deere 110w/ haban sickle bar mower, 59 simplicity 700 wonderboy, 62 allis Chalmers b1, Fairbanksmorse 3 wheel, 1944 McCormick peering O4, H, 1948 Farmall Cub, C.