Steering Wheel Puller

Post your custom tools or how to information here (caption your photo's) and we'll move any that are good to archive, into the How To section of the manuals.
Forum rules
This section is reserved for semi detailed posts describing how you made a custom tool, or a detailed procedure for repairing a certain assembly of a tractor. Pictures are pretty much required
Posts in this section now have to be approved before they become visible.
If your looking for help repairing something please post in the shooting the breeze or the forum that pertains to your question.
itsbconnor
First and Last Name: Brian Connor

Steering Wheel Puller

Post by itsbconnor »

I devised a cheap way to pull my steering wheel and figured I would share it. Assuming you already have a 3 jaw gear puller, this will be under $5. I bought 3 small clevis pipe clamps from Lowe's and used the lower part to wrap around the spokes of the wheel, then just bolted those in place of the arms of the gear puller. Slowly tighten it up so you don't bend the spokes and tap the center of the gear puller with a hammer when it starts to get tight and hopefully it pops right off like mine did! Hope this helps someone out there!
Attachments
20150604_205814.jpeg
20150604_205814.jpeg (666.3 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
20150604_205814.jpeg
20150604_205814.jpeg (666.3 KiB) Viewed 2058 times