toy displays

Show your collection here. Hang with folks of like mind (without the canvas coat), look for parts, attachments, ways to fill out your set, trade or whatever you want. Don't forget pictures!
Forum rules
Toys only, try to keep posts to that subject. Also, feel free to post wanted and for sale topics here, just let the moderators know when they are no longer necessary so we can remove them.
J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

toy displays

Post by J Hayes »

Found this .. thought it to be nice to share I did get permission from builder to put it here along with his comments.
Attachments
drive through corn crib<br />&quot;The drive thru crib has hooks in the corners to disassemble and put away, but I've had it set up in my den for the past year and my wife hasn't complained-- yet.&quot;
drive through corn crib
"The drive thru crib has hooks in the corners to disassemble and put away, but I've had it set up in my den for the past year and my wife hasn't complained-- yet."
a50233.jpg
&quot;I bandsawed a bunch of wood strips, bundled them together and sawed the bundles to length to make corn. Also used some shiskabob sticks. Then spray painted. The bulk of the space in the wire crib I filled with styrafoam cut into &quot;wheels&quot; about an inch smaller diameter than the crib so there's only about a half inch of corn on the sides. The roof is made of soda pop cans. The elevators are cut from discarded aluminum louver drap head rails. I made the elevator wheels with a hole saw on the drill press. And no, the elevators don't move corn, but do crank up and down. &quot;
"I bandsawed a bunch of wood strips, bundled them together and sawed the bundles to length to make corn. Also used some shiskabob sticks. Then spray painted. The bulk of the space in the wire crib I filled with styrafoam cut into "wheels" about an inch smaller diameter than the crib so there's only about a half inch of corn on the sides. The roof is made of soda pop cans. The elevators are cut from discarded aluminum louver drap head rails. I made the elevator wheels with a hole saw on the drill press. And no, the elevators don't move corn, but do crank up and down. "
a50231.jpg
I ask him about the mm...his reply                                                                                                                            &quot; Yes- I posted a picture of the toy sheller (made by Spec-cast) a while ago on the original post as you requested. Here's that picture again. Thanks for the video! &quot;
I ask him about the mm...his reply " Yes- I posted a picture of the toy sheller (made by Spec-cast) a while ago on the original post as you requested. Here's that picture again. Thanks for the video! "
Last edited by J Hayes on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

Amigatec
First and Last Name: Pat Benner

Re: toy displays

Post by Amigatec »

The corn Sheller looks like a MM model, I have a video of one of these in action on my YouTube channel.
CC 1973 Model 129
CC 1973 Model 149
TB 1978 Pony II
TB 1981 Horse II
TB 1988 Econo Horse
1950 David Bradley 917.5756

Oklahoma Giant Pumpkin Grower and State Record Holder.

Amigatec
First and Last Name: Pat Benner

Re: toy displays

Post by Amigatec »

Without getting to far off topic here it is.

http://youtu.be/Rt1oEVaevIA
CC 1973 Model 129
CC 1973 Model 149
TB 1978 Pony II
TB 1981 Horse II
TB 1988 Econo Horse
1950 David Bradley 917.5756

Oklahoma Giant Pumpkin Grower and State Record Holder.