3 new to me cubs .

Show your collection here. Hang with folks of like mind (without the canvas coat), look for parts, attachments, ways to fill out your set, trade or whatever you want. Don't forget pictures!
Forum rules
Toys only, try to keep posts to that subject. Also, feel free to post wanted and for sale topics here, just let the moderators know when they are no longer necessary so we can remove them.
Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

3 new to me cubs .

Post by Jlaws »

As if I didn't have a bad enough cub addition , I've started collecting the 1/16 models .
Cyclops , 682 , 3208 .

These little models can be pricey if they have not been played with and are still in the original box .
I'm just starting and I'm not that picky .

Anyone know how many different Cub cadet models Ertl has made over the years and what they are ?
Just the GT's not the larger tractors .

I'm trying to figure out how big of a display cabinet I'm going to need , and how much this might end up costing me.... :lol:

I have a feeling this cabinets going to be like when I built my cub garage ......get one size bigger than I think I'm going to need and it still eventually going to be to small . :lol:
Attachments
Ertl 005.JPG
Ertl 005.JPG (720.99 KiB) Viewed 3604 times
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: 3 new to me cubs .

Post by dag1450 »

That will b a good winter time hobby Jess. All is what u need now is a small scrap of astro turf and u can pretend to mow :lol: . I keep saving the 1980's style on my ebay watch list but...... they keep going over my budget. I know a guy in NY that has hundreds of toys like that, mostly the next size up. Now he is building those kits from wood like big rigs and heavy equipment. Good times! Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Dave , I've got a separate unheated garage and I'm not a big fan of the cold . So I end up spending to much time on the computer and end up buying stuff that I really don't need like cub toys . I don't plan on getting into it hardcore , just a few of the models I really like if the price is right .

I also use this time of year to stock up on parts needed for my future cub projects .
I've got a couple of Originals and a 782 that I hope to get in paint after the weather warms . I've also got a couple of 123's and hope to make one good runner out of the pair .

It seems that every time I get ready to finish these projects another cub shows up , and these projects get temporarily set aside .
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

:lol: Man you do have problems...im just posting this so u dont look so bad :lol: . I picked up this NOS dash tin that i dont need or really even want...it just looked so pretty with the plastic and all. For a Lo-Boy, i dont even own a Lo-Boy!! :lol:
IMG_0877.JPG
IMG_0877.JPG (1.4 MiB) Viewed 3564 times
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Tankman
First and Last Name: Arthur Blaker

Post by Tankman »

Are they good on gas? 8-)
Tankman
NE Pennsylvania
CCC '95 1641