Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
toomanyengines
First and Last Name: Wayne Pacheco

Post by toomanyengines »

Hi All, new 782 owner here. I've owned an MTD Cub and was looking at older tractors for quite a while and finally found a nice, original early 782 w/ the Series 1 engine. Strong runner and everything works, only needs tires and a little freshening up (grounds and contacts cleaned, maybe a voltage regulator).

Look forward to learning more about the tractor, putting it to some work and enjoying the forum.
IMG_1094.JPG
IMG_1094.JPG (1.74 MiB) Viewed 3220 times

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Re: New member

Post by Jlaws »

Wayne , not a bad looking 782 ...Welcome ..

I see that they stuck a dealer/repair shop sticker right on top the 782 hood decal . I hate when they do that .

I had a 982 that I got from a previous owner , and they did that to it , and I had a heck of a time getting it off without ruining the hood decal and they did it on both sides . :banghead:
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Welcome Wayne. Nice tractor.....and garage floor. You know the tractor just looks out of place not having its own floor mat. :lol: dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

toomanyengines

Post by toomanyengines »

Thanks guys.

The stickers (both sides...) also shrunk over time where there is a small, even border of adhesive residue but I don't see how I could remove them without damaging the Cub decal. I am leaning towards leaving the tractor as is, I don't want to I use the word patina, but it has great patina.

I may have to find an appropriate mat! Then again, it doesn't leak anywhere as much as the old Rover behind it.

W

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Welcome Wayne.
Nice Cub!

Is your Rover right hand drive?.....more pics?

toomanyengines

Post by toomanyengines »

Hi Mike, the Rover is LHD, an early Series III US spec model. These were always a dream car for me...watched too much Wild Kingdom w/ Grandpa when I was a kid! Here's a pic (w/ the hub grease cleaned :D ):
Attachments
LR clr sm.JPG
LR clr sm.JPG (107.55 KiB) Viewed 3192 times