New guy with a 2072

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
daraabi
First and Last Name: Adam R

New guy with a 2072

Post by daraabi »

Howdy everybody, I'd like to introduce myself as I am new to the cub cadet world. I just picked up a Super 2072 yesterday and plan to dig into it on a few things. I'll be moving soon and wanted a solid tractor that could handle anything I throw at it and I think I might have found one! It has a few issues:

Power lever is broken
Brakes dont work
Steering is sloppy

Here are a few shots:

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Re: New guy with a 2072

Post by ReicheP »

Hi and welcome to the group! You mention brakes don't work, it's a Hydro who needs brakes?
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

PTWannaHave
First and Last Name: Ben Michaud

Post by PTWannaHave »

Wheel weights for the occasional FL snowstorm, I see... ;)

Good luck with your tune-up; welcome,
PTWannaHave

daraabi

Post by daraabi »

ReicheP wrote:Hi and welcome to the group! You mention brakes don't work, it's a Hydro who needs brakes?
Ha! I know right? The only reason it would be nice right now is because the power lever broke - so finding neutral is impossible. It was pretty interesting trying to drive around/start in either forward or reverse. I almost hit the PO's truck at one point! I've got a new lever on the way via fleabay - and I believe there is a write-up on adjusting the linkage one I get it in - so I will try that.

The mower only has 410 hours on it - so its practically new mechanically it just needs a LOT of touch-up. That big 60" deck will make short work of the yard though - thats for sure!

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Adam -Welcome. Post your progress in the "CCC and MTD..." sub-forum. Glad to have you! :beer:
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

I know i saw that tractor for sale somewhere......I just cant remember? Man just put a front grill in there and it will look like a nice unit! Funny how a simple piece like that really sets the "mood" for the whole tractor. From the small pic i can see that mower deck is one of the nicer ones.....except the deflector shoot. :lol: Mine looks the same so its in the attic. Now..... lets strike up a deal on those wheel weights?? Welcome! Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

daraabi

Post by daraabi »

Thanks a lot guys! I bought the tractor off of a guy that buys/sells all kinds of junk - everything from tractors to boats etc etc. I guess he bought this one off of a horse rescue here in FL. Not sure how long ago though.

I've got a hydro lever on the way and I printed out the operators manual. I'll post up some progress shots in the CCC/MTD forum mentioned when I start working on it. I just need to find a service manual to help figure out how to do everything.

As far as the wheel weights - we shall see. I'm not sure if I will need them or not yet!