New from western Pa.

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
J_Gibson
First and Last Name: Jeff Gibson

New from western Pa.

Post by J_Gibson »

Hello all,
My names Jeff and I'm from Chicora Pa, About 35 miles north of Pittsburgh. I've had a Cub 106 that I started, but never finished. I just accquired a Cub 129 that will probably be done first. The 106 is pretty rough, but it's all there. The 129 is in much better shape and is running. I belong to a few other forums and found this one through them. Can't have too many contacts! I've had garden tractors most of my life, but just recently(within the last year) thought about them as a hobby. Haven't done an actual restore yet, that's what I bought the 106 for. After tearing into it, I realized I better do some research first and that's how I wound up here. I got a deal on the 129(it was free) and it's in much better shape, I'm thinking it would be a better jumping off point. I was never very brand specific about GT's, but since running the 129, I think I'll be concentrating on Cubs from here on out. If you click on the picture in my signature, it's a link to a slideshow showing some of my tractors. Talk to you all later, Jeff
If you click on the picture below, it's a link to photos of some of my tractors.

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Re: New from western Pa.

Post by Scott C. »

Jeff,
Welcome, we've got quite a number of western PA folks on here.
Careful, Cubs are a sickness, we call it yellow fever. It all starts with one or two, the next thing you know you have to start building places to store them.
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

J_Gibson

Post by J_Gibson »

I'm finding that out!

I posted on your snow plow in the for sale section, I'll get in touch with you about that depending on my budget in the next week or so.
If you click on the picture below, it's a link to photos of some of my tractors.

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Post by Scott C. »

Cool,
I hold it for you, no biggie.
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Nice tractor there Jeff!! you do have a good close choice of places close to you .
Bet you even run gas that I hauled if you were driving in the 80's (Sunoco at bottom of hill)
yep small world you have at least 4 of us within an hours drive.
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

J_Gibson

Post by J_Gibson »

J Hayes wrote:Nice tractor there Jeff!! you do have a good close choice of places close to you .
Bet you even run gas that I hauled if you were driving in the 80's (Sunoco at bottom of hill)
yep small world you have at least 4 of us within an hours drive.
That would be Rummy Mart. Yup, I've burned lots of your gas.