New Guy from Western Pennsylvania

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
ridgerunner97
First and Last Name: Jon Pechunka

New Guy from Western Pennsylvania

Post by ridgerunner97 »

Found you guys looking for William Deturck on a suggestion from a good friend. My name is Jon, i'm 23 and enjoy anything mechanical and outdoors related. Been into four wheelin Jeeps, bikes etc. for years and messin with tractors. My dad has a '77 Wheel Horse C141 automatic that has been in the family since new, my brother has a '67 Bolens 1050 with all the attachments you'll ever need, and my current steed is a '67 IH CC 123 that i'm totally in love with! :mrgreen: I hope to learn more about the cub's and get involved in my area with the cub scene and make some new acquaintances.

-Jon Pechunka

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Re: New Guy from Western Pennsylvania

Post by vince_o »

Jon Welcome!

Seeing where your at looks like you in Scotts back yard. Western pa is where I grew up, and still call it home. Ive had a 123, well the same one 3 times, LOL Nice tractors they are. Did you find Geezer? If not keep looking hes the old guy with all the info on the Originals.
Attachments
Im the better lookin one!
Im the better lookin one!
100_3877.jpg (112.63 KiB) Viewed 5068 times
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

Welcome Jon; I sent you an E-mail. :email:

ridgerunner97

Post by ridgerunner97 »

Thanks for the welcome guys, and I recieved your email Bill, I hope to finish rounding up the parts I need for my three point, and then grab a single bottom plow so I can come to the plow day. I'd imagine over the years we've crossed paths and never knew it. I go to the Delmont Apple Festival every year, and have gone to the steam and horse show or whatever its called in Brownsville over the years.

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Post by Scott C. »

Jon,
Welcome to the forum.
I grew up in NHT, Ridge Road area, went to Norwin class of 78, spent my summers in Guffy on a dirt bike and met my wife of 30 years in the Balkan.

Since we got married (when we lived in NHT) we have lived on Lincoln Way (where I used to own Scott's Lawnmower from 78 to 82), right across from the Balkan, Guffy near the sewer plant and owned a house on Robbins Station for 13 years.
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

ridgerunner97

Post by ridgerunner97 »

Haha I spent some of the best times in high school in guffey, shaner, and over behind the sewage plant down in turner valley. On dirtbikes, quads, and in the Jeep. Fish the river, know every inch of it from buena vista down to coulter as well as every rope swing and party spot LOL. It truly is a small world. I live over in Ardara and work down at Norwin Rental and Outdoor Power Equipment part time. :beer:

Scott C.

Post by Scott C. »

Cool, small world.
I learned to hunt, shoot, trap and fish in Guffy.

This picture is up Braddocks Trail at the bottom of the hill from the Balkan. About 1/2 mile up there was a pond on the right on the bench we used to call the frog pond.

My dad used to drive up in there, back in the 60's it was a fairly decent red dog road.

Picture is probably from around 1966 (me and my buds).
slide0031.JPG
But then it wasn't all innocent..... Before the soccer fields went in we used to have a place across the creek to party.
21 half's and a few 1/4's, we had cars lined up on both sides of the road from the entrance to the sewer plant plus all the way down through the field.
Just a little graduation party.

I worked on a road slide for the state on Bakers School Road back in the late 70's and we used to haul a lot of stone out from behind that machine shop on 993 for different jobs.

ridgerunner97

Post by ridgerunner97 »

Yup haha I live up Baker School come from 993 side the first dirt road on the right before the road drops down grade to the creek. It slid again a few years ago, and its been dug out and redone in 4 different spots in the last 2yrs because of it sliding. We used to take the Jeeps down behind the sewage plant past the McGlaughlin's place (spelling?) and could drive almost all the way to coulter if we tried hard enough, we also used to drop in shaner where the old topsoil site was and go up the tracks to behind stewart lane and hit the big tree to enjoy some cold beers and good tunes. I'm friends with some characters you probably ran around with, a friend of mine's dad, Don Henry you may know probably about your age, had a big powerwagon, and Donald Hosni who would be a bit older than you but you probably ran across him when you were in High School, rode a Bultaco and was from down Mckeesport and he and some friends used to ride in what is now Braddock's Trail Park, and all over the valley down there, which there is some awesome riding in there that I wouldn't know anything about :twisted: :beer:

Scott C.

Post by Scott C. »

I know right where you are. I'm in Greensburg about a mile from Hempfield High School.

My old boss used to own 8 acres past McLaughlins place (cross the tracks and turn right) and we hauled topsoil out of there for years.

We stockpiled it at the shop, Betters Plumbing and Excavating on Lincoln Way. It's now a fence company.
Lot's o' topsoil was hauled out of Guffy.
Man I liked that old 933.
EPSON039.JPG
EPSON040.JPG
We used to load the trucks cab protector and all, you couldn't put more on them if you tried. Can you say overloaded??

I remember a Bultaco trials bike a fella had, can't place a name on him though.

I knew the Henry's but don't think there was one my age the old mans name is Don I think.... and if your making me that old, we need to talk :o
Used to be a member of the Guffy Club.

Trying to think of the name of the farm behind North Irwin we used to have parties at. I think it started with P, I'll remember it when I'm driving home today....

ridgerunner97

Post by ridgerunner97 »

Schade's have the farm in North Irwin. I wasn't puttin you in with the older Don LOL he named his boy that as well. He'd be late 40s early 50s i'd imagine. He is still a member of the guffey club and its still the same as always down there. I have a friend that lives over off Fosterville Rd. so I have a good idea where you are. I may have to swing by and get some wheel spacers off ya this week. I'll send ya a PM about it see what works for you.

Scott C.

Post by Scott C. »

Schade's :!: :!:

That's it. I went to school with Donna (I think). Don't know where I got the P from.

Cool, I'm home every evening by 5:30 or 6