Hello fellow Cub Cadet enthusiasts!(New Member)

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
ihcctim
First and Last Name: Tim Alford

Hello fellow Cub Cadet enthusiasts!(New Member)

Post by ihcctim »

Hello all,
Stumbled across this site a couple weeks ago.Wow...! I thought i was one of a very few obsessed with these great little tractors.To me they are one of the greatest examples of good ole fashion overbuilt american iron.Pre 1980 0r so.Give or take a couple years depending on the model i suppose.I have restored one 122, two 147's and one 1100.The 1100 was not the greatest cc example.But i enjoyed restoring it.Still a high quality tractor compared to todays standards.Just my view on it.I am currently working on a 102.Everything is sand blasted,epoxy primed and base coat/clearcoated.All i have have left is the frame which is this weekends project.Engine is completely rebuilt and assembled with stainless steel bolts and washers except the head bolts.It's the first time i have used stainless hardware and it sure does look nice on that yellow.I plan on using some stainless hardware for some of the sheet metal attachment as well.I am going to purchase and fabricate some polished aluminum diamond plate to install on top of the fenders and below. Behind your calf muscle if you were sitting on the tractor.This is the first time i have deviated from restoring to original.Sure is fun.I hope to have it done by the end of february.Then its on to 48 inch deck i have to go with it.I will try and post some pics of it in the near future. Thankyou all for reading my tractor babble.I drive truck over the road (self employed) and these little tractors are great therapy for the riggors of trucking.Tim
If you choose not to decide.You still have made a choice.

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Re: Hello fellow Cub Cadet enthusiasts!(New Member)

Post by Jlaws »

Tim , welcome to the club .
My first two cubs were 122's . I find working on my cubs very therapeutic . My job also keeps me away from home more than I like , but i spend as much spare time as I can afford in the cub den .
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

ihcctim
First and Last Name: Tim Alford

Post by ihcctim »

Thankyou for the welcome.I sure can relate to not being able to pull over and inquire about a cub while truckin down some secondary back road.I see more cub cadets than you can imagine.Can be very fustrating.But now and then i am able to park it and knock on the door to ask about the cub cadet with the 5 ft weeds around it.
If you choose not to decide.You still have made a choice.

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Tim Welcome. I turned my addiction into a job, well kinda. You know what they say, you find something you love to do, youll never work a day again!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Welcome Tim.