Just joined- from CT

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
SRW57
First and Last Name: Scott Williams

Just joined- from CT

Post by SRW57 »

Hi!

I just joined the forum- I have 2 Cub Cardets, a 122 and a 149. I ended with two by default- and they both came from the same place. Both were used to mow a large property at my former job. The 122 was purchased new, used for 10 years, and developed a motor knock. It was repleced by a new 149 in the mid 70's I guess. The 122 was parked in a shed never to be used again. The roof collapsed in the shed, and when it was about to be torn down, I dragged the 122 out with the company van. Even though the deck was completely buried in debris, I was able to drag it out. To my surprise it had been serviced before it went into storage, and still had clean new oil in the block. ( It had been in the shed 20 years) I went back to work after hours, and to my surprise it started! I brought it to a property I was maintaining and mowed for a few years without any major repairs, other than bearings, belts, etc. I was surprised when the new owner of the business told me he had bought a new mower and I could have the 149 if I wanted it. I had a truck and trailer there the next day. The 149 I brought home, even though I don't have a large yard. Eventually, I swapped the tractors, the 50" deck was better for the larger yard I was taking care of. When that house was sold, I brought the 149 baqck home, and now I have both of them. I use the 149 to mow, and the 122 for other tasks. I intend to restore one of them, but to be honest, I really enjoy using them too much to
do a ground up on either! Scott in CT

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Re: Just joined- from CT

Post by J Hayes »

Welcome Scott :beer: .. The bug has bitten.... :lol:
Last edited by J Hayes on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

Welcome to the forum. :D Watch out for Dave C. and Joe M. the forums CT. Yankees :lol:

markmdz
First and Last Name: Mark D'Amico

Post by markmdz »

hey Scott. Welcome. I too am a fairly new CT member that's got full blown yellow fever. Oh well, there's worse hobbies.

I know of another cub guy in Windsor as well.

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

Welcome to the forum! I have always wanted to restore some of my Cubs, but between the time and seemingly endless uses for them, I've never restored one yet! My O is going to get restored, and mayb I'll finally get to that this year!.

LFR
First and Last Name: Lorin Burch

Post by LFR »

Welcome I am new to and this is a great forum
67 Case 155, 66 Colt 2310, 68 John Deere 110w/ haban sickle bar mower, 59 simplicity 700 wonderboy, 62 allis Chalmers b1, Fairbanksmorse 3 wheel, 1944 McCormick peering O4, H, 1948 Farmall Cub, C.