Newbie-LIKE YOUR FORUM !

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
BillOHIO
First and Last Name: Bill

Newbie-LIKE YOUR FORUM !

Post by BillOHIO »

Good Evening Everyone.

I first learned about you folks when IHRegistry went down and you came over on Red Power Magazine Forum until you got this up and running.

I enjoy talking everything IH including Cadets even though I don't currently own one.

I am 69 years old and grew up near Troy, Ohio in Miami County. My Dad ran the shop at local IH Dealership all his working life so I "grew up" in that Dealership.

I remember like it was yesterday when the first Original Cadet arrived at Dealership. Dad had been reading up and telling me about the new tractor. We could not wait to get it out and examine it. We had heard it would have a Cub transmission and rear end but didn't truly believe it till we saw it. We did wonder a couple times during the unvieling "wonder why it's not red". But we were so excitied to see it we did not dwell on it.

I bought a used Original to restore several years ago but did not have time to restore it so sold it. My Mom had a 1450 that we bought used for her after Dad's passing and got good use from it till she went to a care facility. Few years ago I found a used RED 1282. I was so thrilled and could not wait to report my good luck on IH CUB CADET .com where my excitement was short lived. You see I had left the IH life and worked at Massey Ferguson Dealership and then became parts manager at local Ford Auto Dealership where I did a 31 year stint. So I had not kept up and thought a RED Cadet meant it was true IH. As you probably have guessed my Cadet was made for IH by Cub Cadet Corp. and not welcome over at that site. It is good tractor and friend now has it after I sold it to him when I moved to Condo.

So fast forward many years and now back to my roots working in parts dept at Case/IH Dealership in Urbana, Ohio. I have small farm with no buildings. When I figure out a place to keep it I still would like to find true IH Cadet or maybe even a MTD Cadet since I notice you do allow them to be discussed on this Forum.

Keep up the good work and will be visiting your site often. And remember you are all always welcome over at Red Power Forum.

Bill

I sell IH and Case/IH Tractors and Equipment,,,,,,"one part at a time".
FARMERS EQUIPMENT INC, Urbana, Ohio 937-652-2233 and three other locations in Elida,OH ; New Hampshire, OH ; and London, OH

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Re: Newbie-LIKE YOUR FORUM !

Post by J Hayes »

Well Bill, you have just found your dream home. we sure welcome you and glad to have you aboard !!

Interesting intro you have there, and I'm sure you have lots of good Ideas and tips we can use as well. and what you forgot many on here can refresh your mind.
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .