Hello from central Illinois!

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
Hardrock
First and Last Name: Michael Weakley

Hello from central Illinois!

Post by Hardrock »

Hello, everyone!

Long time Cub Cadet lover and just getting back to putting together some of the unfinished projects
that have been taking up space in the shop.

Have an IH 986 that's my main workhorse for now, a CCC 982 that needs restored, and a Heinz 57 Cub Cadet
that's being made from leftover 1512, 982, and 680 parts :lol:
Somewhere around here there's even a cute little 382 for the Granddaughter. Gotta start'em off right! ;)

As it stands now, the plan is to put together a reliable beater/hybrid out of the leftovers and spares that will do
the chores while I eventually restore the CCC 982 for the wife. The 986 will end up a show toy with a diesel conversion.
Lots of work ahead!

Mike

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Re: Hello from central Illinois!

Post by Farmallgray »

Only 986 I know of is a big IH farm tractor. I'm guessing he meant to type 982. Apparently CCC built 982s with front hydraulics and rear pto and while the model code on the tag read 986, the hood decal was still 982.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Yep, Todd is correct. it's a full option 982 (model 986) I posted a pic in the "kids on tractors" thread.
Bought it about 8 years ago off of an old Craigslist ad. It was listed as just a "20hp Cub Cadet".
When I got there and saw a newer P220 under the hood, the rear PTO, 3pt. hitch, and dual hydraulics,
it came home with me! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
First year I had it, I planted 2A of sweetcorn with it and a JD 494a planter... :o :shock:
Since then, I've upgraded the steering, rebuilt the deck, and added hubs and tri-ribs up front.
It's been a good 'ole tractor so far...

Hardrock

Post by Hardrock »

Here's a pic for Bryan....
Attachments
0813111634.jpg