From Arkansas

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
randallc
First and Last Name: Randall Sanderson

From Arkansas

Post by randallc »

Hello. Had a farmall cub for about 15 years, a couple of years ago purchased another one, then last year, bought a non runner and got it up and running. Have a cub cadet LTX1045 that is a cutting machine, but just not tough like dad's old cadet was. Don't recall what model it was, but it was tough. I kept looking for an IH Cadet to buy. Craigslist find, and finally decided to go from Witcherville to Benton, AR and picked up 3 cub cadets, all had run once upon a time but the gentleman's dad had passed away and he was wanting to sell, so I bought all three. Got a 1250 with mower deck on it, a 1000, unfortunately without a clutch and shaft (so I'm looking for one) and what I have determined as best as I can from serial number and trying to make out the decal, a 109, with a blade (not IH) on it. Also got mowing decks for the 1000 and 109 also. Got them running, a coil and condenser and another a set of points and carbs cleaned up and some adjusting. Enjoying what time I have to spend on them. Now I got projects out the gazoo. And I only wanted one. Now my wife wants me to redo all three of them. So probably will in time.

Update, think I have found the clutch and shaft I needed, we'll see this weekend, Thanks.

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Re: From Arkansas

Post by Jeff in Pa »

Welcome Randall :beer:

Jeff
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Welcome Randall.

In my opinion the 1000 could benefit from solid mounts and a standard clutch set up as the flex driver used with iso mounts are prone to breakage and are pretty spendy.

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

BigMike wrote:Welcome Randall.

In my opinion the 1000 could benefit from solid mounts and a standard clutch set up as the flex driver used with iso mounts are prone to breakage and are pretty spendy.
Randall order solid motor mounts from me today and they are already on there way to him via Priority Mail. ( tracking number emailed ) 8-)
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift