Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
cub104christmas
First and Last Name: Steve Christmas

Post by cub104christmas »

Howdy,

New to forum. Grew up with a Sears Suburban, Ford 8N, and later Massy's on 12 rural acreage. Fast forward 40 years and just got my first project Cadet (104) for restore project and then gardening my 2 acre plot. My uncle had a cadet back in the 70's and he always had good stuff so it seemed reasonable choice to find one.
I love to restore things and have a shop for it.

This 104 was pulled out of the weeds but I did get it running first 24 hrs. Now I am dismantling for restoration and plan to make it look nice but a worker for gardening/mowing. I figure it had set up 20+ years but the Kohler seems fine.....just needs some carb work TLC.

I would like to know more about the hitch and attachments for gardening. The guy I bought this from also has a Cub original frame (which I plan to get) and several hitches on others and I want to get one if I know what to look for. Also my 104 has a hole and slot on the frame in front of seat without any knobs or levers? Is this Normal? Looks like a high/low shift slot or something should be there ? Lastly a good source for tires/tubes.

Thanks!
Steve in NW Florida
Attachments
cub1.jpg
cub1.jpg (242.97 KiB) Viewed 2099 times

wdeturck

Re: Newbie

Post by wdeturck »

Welcome to the forum. You happen to be the 2,501th member. The slot is for a creeper gear that you might from one of our Vendors. If you go to the "document and manuals" there should be information on attachments that will work on the 104 and manuals for the 104. We Love Pictures :beer:

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Mike , welcome to the club .
That 104 looks like a prime restoration project as it looks pretty unmolested , and most of the usual missing items (grill , headlight panel , mower deck) are there .

There's a lot of attachment to be had for that 104 , from snow blades / snow blowers ( which you won't need in Florida ) to rear scraper blades and dirt plows and cultivators if you want to garden .

You'll need to get a narrow frame rear lift and sleeve hitch setup , and a spring assist to make the manual lifting easier .
They do make a nf hydraulic lift but they are rare and pricey when you do find them .

Our manual section shows all the possible options and attachments .

Like William said we like pictures . :)
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

PTWannaHave
First and Last Name: Ben Michaud

Post by PTWannaHave »

Welcome aboard; have fun!
PTWannaHave