OLD CUB(cadet) fan from Ohio

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
littlehoss
First and Last Name: Richard Hughes

OLD CUB(cadet) fan from Ohio

Post by littlehoss »

Good evening all,I thought it was time to introduce myself.I live on the family farm and have a collection of big cub tractors.I'm now the owner of 3 Os and a snow thrower,grader blade and mower deck.I want to start the restoration on the 1961 and will have a lot of questions.This will be my first real restoration in almost 45 years of collecting.I'm not to good with the computer,so it will be a slow process.I want to thank the ones who run this site and say i'm looking forward to learning a lot about the cadets.Rick

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Re: OLD CUB(cadet) fan from Ohio

Post by Jlaws »

Rick , welcome .
There's a few members that live in your area , and a few just across the river , myself included .
My work home terminal is located in Cincinnati .
I own and have owned my fair share of Originals , and just sold two to a fellow buckeye a few weeks ago .
If you need any help or parts , just ask . There are a lot of knowledgeable member here .
Last edited by Jlaws on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

dgrapes59
First and Last Name: David Grapes

Post by dgrapes59 »

Rick,
I see you went big, got 3 to start with, I like your style! ;) I have 5 or so Originals, learning as I fiddle with them, only a mile from you if you need anything. As mentioned there are other members around, Calvin Woodrey just up the road in Trenton, to name one. It should be a fun project with your grandson, my grandson is my shadow in the garage, "helping Papa work on tractors"!
Good luck,
David

littlehoss
First and Last Name: Richard Hughes

Post by littlehoss »

Thank you both for the welcome.
JESS; You might have had me for a driver at PTI. I worked there for a while to fuel my railfaning hobby.Things did not work out so i retired from there to play with the tractors full time.I will keep in touch for some parts later.I'm looking forward to meeting yo.I'm sure we will have a lot to talk about.

Dave, I blame you for bringing me out of the CADT closet.After the bash and talking with you,I could't help myself.I found a real good deal on the tractors.I got everything for $500.00 and i'm happy with that.I told my wife,I'm buying a tractor for every pair of shoes she has in the closet.She just looked at me and said"OK".we need to get together and you can tell me what i should do next.Have a good day.I need to go get some baggies and tags to get started.Rick

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Post by ReicheP »

I told my wife,I'm buying a tractor for every pair of shoes she has in the closet.She just looked at me and said"OK"
Richard,

I like your comment! Welcome to the group!
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find