Hello! Beginning an Original Restoration

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
OriginalMark
First and Last Name: Mark Ulsh

Hello! Beginning an Original Restoration

Post by OriginalMark »

Hi All,

I am new to this site and blogs in general. I realize the wealth of knowledge here and cannot wait to learn from any willing to help and teach. I have just acquired my Grandfather's 62 Original. It's pretty rough but that is what makes a challenge fun. I really look forward to getting into this project and getting to know you all better!

God Bless!

Mark

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Hello! Beginning an Original Restoration

Post by dag1450 »

Welcome Mark. Glad u joined! First thing u will have to figure out is how to post pictures, this can b frustrating if u r someone like me who has trouble moving the the time on my car clock twice a year.......does the radio have to b off to do this??? . I can tell u right now u r at a big advantage over lots of guys when it comes to needing parts. You live about 30 minuets from the "Home Depot" of used cub cadet parts. Ray Weaver in Stevens 1717-587-3727 should have about 5 of every thing u would ever need for that original restoration. Have fun with it and your first job should b to learn how to post pics of your machine. :lol: Dave
Last edited by dag1450 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

PTWannaHave
First and Last Name: Ben Michaud

Post by PTWannaHave »

You joined the right place...!
PTWannaHave

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Mark , welcome to the group !

A Original makes an excellent first cub cadet to own and work on . They are well built and probably the simplest cub to work on , and usually very dependable .

Good luck .
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Jlaws wrote:A Original makes an excellent first cub cadet to own and work on . They are well built and probably the simplest cub to work on , and usually very dependable unless somebody replaces the original 7hp powerplant with a 20hp twin and pulls a two bottom plow.

Good luck .
I fixed it for you Jess :lol:

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Mark - Welcome! When you are ready to start posting on that machine, start a topic in "Cub Cadets and Shooting the Breeze" section. Pics are pretty easy if you aren't Dave, let us now if you need help! :lol:
:beer:
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

OriginalMark
First and Last Name: Mark Ulsh

Post by OriginalMark »

Thanks everyone!

What a great site with friendly people. I can't wait to get started. I am traveling right now but will get some pictures up as soon as I get back.

Mark