Howdy!!

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
shubert2
First and Last Name: Jon Shubert

Howdy!!

Post by shubert2 »

Hello from Ovilla, Texas! My wife and I are the proud owners of a newly built house that's just about ready to be moved into! We have a fairly large yard that requires a riding mower, so due to my history with them, I naturally got her a Cub Cadet (yes, it’s for her—I can’t think of anything cuter than my wife on a Cub Cadet!)

I've been in love with Cub Cadets ever since my college days in the early '70s when I worked during the summers for the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas. We had several of the Cub Cadets, and it was always a beautiful day when I was assigned to mow one of the larger plots of St. Augustine with my beloved Cub Cadet. I was in heaven and fancied myself a farmer reaping his hayfield out on the “Back 40.”

Along with my new Cub Cadet LT 42, I’ve also purchased a new Cub Cadet Cub Cadet 21" Self-Propelled Mower—that one’s mine, so I can do the “edging” while she does the real mowing.

Not to stop there, I also got us a Cub Cadet 17 cu. ft. steel Dump Cart—that property outside of the fenced-in yard will need to be tamed, what with all of the big rocks and unruly scrub brush and trees.

Thanks for welcoming us to the Forum and to the Cub Cadet Collectors dot com Family.

wdeturck

Re: Howdy!!

Post by wdeturck »

Welcome to the site. I was in the Air Force and as they say "Join the AF and see Texas". Was in San Antonio and Fort Worth (1950-1954) and they threw in Roswell, NM where you can stand in mud and have the dust blowing in your face. :mrgreen:

shubert2

Post by shubert2 »

I hear you about Roswell! My wife is from Carlsbad.

Were you based at Kelly, Randolph, Lackland, or Fort Sam? I actually moved to Boerne in 1959 when I was five years old, and grew up there outside of town. I look back with extremely fond wonderment at the many, many formations of all types of aircraft that would fly over our property in the early 1960s. Many times, some type of screaming fighter jets would buzz the house--wow!! As a Boy Scout, I used to camp out at Camp Stanley and Camp Bullis.

Our son was a Sea Cadet at NAS FW JRB when he was in high school--is that where you were stationed? He went on to join the Corps at Texas A&M, E Company, graduating Class of 2011.

I took Basic Training at lLackland and was At Cearswell AFB where the B-36 bombers were made and worked on B-36 at Roswell, NM :geezer:

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Sounds like u went all out on the cub stuff. Must have been a fun shopping trip.lol Welcome from pa. Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

shubert2

Post by shubert2 »

dag1450 wrote:Sounds like u went all out on the cub stuff. Must have been a fun shopping trip.lol Welcome from pa. Dave
You bet it was fun! Our house isn't finished yet, so we can't wait to actually ride our brand new Cub Cadet!