Not much new

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
Ernest
First and Last Name: Ernest Auman

Not much new

Post by Ernest »

Ernest Auman here from central Pa. Not much new in the cub cadet world for me. Since April I sold off my cub cadet 3204 and bought a husqvarna gth26v48ls with power flow bagger. Big mistake! I'll provide details if you want. Then I finally had enough of that fix or repair weekly machine and took it back at the dealer for my money back. I was thinking of getting a 2500 series cub but a 2 gallon gas tank is way too small and I'd be filling it up all the time unlike the old K-series powered cubs. So I broke down and bought a green one X540 from the local green dealer. Not proud but for the price I could not beat it with under 350 hours on it. It was not without issues though, deck idlers and belts died within 5 hours and the coil was replaced before I got it. All repaired no issues. Then Mr. Bowersox caught me mowing grass one day shortly after the registry went south and I ask if I was banned or something (jokingly) for buying a green one! Luckily not.

On the cub additions, Dad was at tractor supply and found a good deal (so far) on an RT-65 cub cadet tiller. Had carb issues for almost half price. They put a new carb and fuel pump on and would not run. Well they did not check the filter! He replaced that and it now runs and fires just not perfect yet because the guy from TSC did not put the gasket between the block and carb just laid it on the block. :lol:

I am still looking for a good cheap 582 and snow plow!

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Re: Not much new

Post by J Hayes »

Earnest -Welcome back,
People can, and will do crazy things , in such a case as the forum crashing, withdrawal symptoms,
will let a mind wonder to any source of relief-- so you are forgiven.

At least you still have cub in the blood. :lol:
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .