Greetings from Central Maryland!

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
kbkchooch
First and Last Name: Karl N Bond

Greetings from Central Maryland!

Post by kbkchooch »

Hi all!

Raised on a farm, I always was a John Deere guy (boo, hiss?), as we had plenty of green tractors around, both big and small. I always took care of the yards (Dad, Uncles, and the barns) starting at age 10, with a little JD60. By the time I hit 18, Dad could see the writing on the wall, cars & girls had my attention, not the huge lawns of the family. Dad broke with tradition and bought a used Cub 123. Larger deck, faster tractor = less time cutting grass. (Something I had been pleading for years!)

Fast forward 35 years. The farm was sold, Mom & Dad have passed, but the Cub is still around. The mower deck had failed, but she earns her keep pulling wagons and trailers around for me, and plowing snow. (what little we get)

As the Cub is in semi retirement, and the last of my boys have flown the coop, a restoration is in order. Rough paint, sloppy steering, oil usage are all to be addressed. I will ask questions (please don't be annoyed) and I will share my progress. For now, I'm willing to gather intel and develop a plan.
thanks in advance
Karl
Attachments
Cub with new eyes.jpg
Cub with new eyes.jpg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 1994 times
Why is there never enough time to do things right, but always enough time to do it over??

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Re: Greetings from Central Maryland!

Post by Tom Scott »

Karl - Good to have you here! Start a thread in "Shooting the Breeze" and we can follow along. Replacement decks are around, as are other attachments, if you are interested. Post up your progress and questions, and someone will jump in to help.

Again, Welcome!
:beer:
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Greetings from Central Maryland!

Post by dag1450 »

Welcome! Sure looks like u know your way around a forum and computer. U r already set up with a picture thingy (Avatar)...and the pics....u already figured out how to post pics....Wow!
Ok..your 123 looks great. You will have to check out some of the other cubs in the line up.....it's hard to have just one Cub! Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.