Hello from England, new owner

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
Ianb
First and Last Name: Ian Buckwell

Hello from England, new owner

Post by Ianb »

Just joined up as I have just got my first Cub Cadet, it is a 106 that I paid £75 (~$100), it would not have been my first choice but there seems to be very few IH Cub cadets in the UK, everyone seems to have Wheelhorses. The engine is removed and the carburettor etc is taken off and the deck is removed and in a bad way Unsure on condition of the engine as I was told it was an unfinished project, so unsure whether to refit carburettor etc or just go on the search for a small diesel? My aim for the tractor is just to have a small tractor for fun rather than grass cutting to go along side my Honda HT3813 which I stripped back and repainted John Deere colours for my son (and me!).

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Hello from England, new owner

Post by dag1450 »

Welcome! Diesels r great....but that would be about 3 times the work and cost to install one in the 106. Cheers!
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Ianb
First and Last Name: Ian Buckwell

Re: Hello from England, new owner

Post by Ianb »

Ywp, I know it wont be cheap or easy,but would be Nic to have something different, but maybe try to.get the original running first as a replacement is not really an option as the Kohlers never seem to come up for sale secondhand over here.