Greetings from Upstate NY

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
nddragoon1
First and Last Name: nathan dragoon

Greetings from Upstate NY

Post by nddragoon1 »

:beer:
I never introduced myself so here goes...

Names Nate, live near Saratoga Springs, NY with my my wife and three children. We've got a nice place and 5 acres so the Cub Cadet 2082 I bought in 2016 really helps. I picked up the tractor, 54" mower deck, 551 snowthrower and 17cuft trailer for $1700. Aside from a few minor issues everything has worked well. It does need an overhaul but that's hard to do since I use it all the time. I hope to put a Cat 0 hitch on it this year and get a box blade so I can take care of the driveway. I was looking at the plans for the loader and excavator but...not sure I want to take that on. I think I'll just go with a new purchase for that.

Cheers all!
Nate

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Greetings from Upstate NY

Post by dag1450 »

Welcome! Yeah if your talking an engine overhaul....that is tough. Is that a magnum 20 in there? I hate to say it...but the best thing to do is get another tractor so while repairs r being made u can still get things done. Post some pics when u get a chance.
Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

nddragoon1 wrote:It does need an overhaul but that's hard to do since I use it all the time.
Nate, that's one of the best excuses reasons for the "multiple tractor plan"! With at least one more tractor you can really take your time and fix things right. Time to go shopping! :beer:
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

Welcome aboard, Agree with the others. Plus you can set up one as a dedicated snow mover and one as the "summer tractor"
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

nddragoon1
First and Last Name: nathan dragoon

Post by nddragoon1 »

Well, I certainly agree with this plan, in fact...I think its a great plan. Not sure the wife is going to be on board though. However, she has agreed that when she goes back to work I can get a new tractor, probably a compact with a loader and bucket. thats a few years off though. Not sure which brand to get....any thoughts?

cholloway
First and Last Name: Colin Holloway

Post by cholloway »

Welcome to the forum Nate.
However, she has agreed that when she goes back to work I can get a new tractor, probably a compact with a loader and bucket.
There's nothing wrong with that plan but, why wait a couple of years?
I've got a buddy on another forum whose wife is working all the overtime she can
(when she's not cuttin' grass or doin' other chores) so he can buy himself a new bass boat. :beer:
Official Member SCCG

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

As for a brand of compact tractor....I don't have lot of experience with all the brands. One thing I do have experience with is driving to the parts store for repairs...or possibly the dreaded take it to the dealer for a lung transplant. So that being said..... maybe start by finding what dealers are in your area. The internet has helped with parts coming to your door but the internet can't "buy it now" flatbed to the shop. :lol:
American made is always good....but u can't go wrong with a Kubota.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.