Hello From Washington State

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
Wacenturion
First and Last Name: Daniel Blatt

Hello From Washington State

Post by Wacenturion »

Just picked up a 1650 that is fully operational, but needs some restoration. Been reading about the surprisingly few things that usually need replacement or modification. It obviously does need a new seat. Any recommendation as to specific seat to use for replacement? I have some acreage in eastern Washington that I travel back and forth to and although I have a Swisher rough cut pull behind mower as well as a set of pull reel mowers, I do have a need for a riding mower on one park like area with trees. Fascinated by older equipment and was not really excited about buying something newer. Maybe that's because I also have a 1955 Ford 640 tractor. Fun to make old new again. Anyway I'm sure I will enjoy being here and look foward to bringing the 1650 back to respecitbility while I use her by utilizing all the good information here.

Am I right to assume by the serial number that this is a 1977 International Cub Cadet? Also can one tell the width of the mower by looking as some have 4 wheels like mine or others I see on these tractors that have the rounded front bracket but only rear wheels? Thanks
Attachments
cubcadet1650a.jpg
cubcadet1650a.jpg (53.67 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
cubcadet1650b.jpg
cubcadet1650b.jpg (52.58 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
cubcadet1650d.jpg
cubcadet1650d.jpg (74 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
cubcadet1650c.jpg
cubcadet1650c.jpg (71.31 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
cubcadet1650e.jpg
cubcadet1650e.jpg (62.02 KiB) Viewed 1904 times

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: Hello From Washington State

Post by JMotuzick »

Welcome!
I recently visited your state, very nice!
I didn’t look up the s/n but the age is about right. They where made 75-79. As for the deck it’s a 44” or 50” look for a s/n tag on the rear side the first 2 numbers are the size. If not measure blade tip to blade tip. I like the seats from Hamilton bobs Cubs. He has a web site and also sells on eBay. They are the cheapest price, direct bolt on replacemt. The quality is quite good, but no logo.