Hello from Minneapolis, MN

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
johnknutson
First and Last Name: John Knutson

Hello from Minneapolis, MN

Post by johnknutson »

Howdy,

My name is John, and this past week I purchased a 1969 Cub Cadet 107 (Craigslist). It runs, and came with a 42" mower deck that needs a little welding as well as some ATV wheels/tires.

Since I bought it, I have cleaned it up, purchased a 42" push blade, and some wheels/tires that are closer to stock.

The subframe for the blade is not a quick-attach, possible homemade. I got it fit on my tractor, but I lose some travel of the lift arm and I had to make a rod to mount it to some other holes in the frame. It was also missing a couple of parts as you will note in the picture below, the lift arm bracket and lift rod. Both should be pretty easy to fabricate myself to get me going for this winter, but I am still on the lookout for original parts. Wheel weights would be a nice compliment to the blade as well.

I am not sure the wheels are stock, the valve stems are on the inside of the rim when mounted (won't fit the other way). It's not difficult to reach them and they hold air, so for $20 I am happy.

I still need to do the routine maintenance things for peace of mind (oil, Hy-tran, spark plug, air filter, grease points), but otherwise I think am pretty much set for winter work! I do plan to restore / rejuvenate the plow, mower deck, and of course tractor as well as build a 5 gallon bucket mount for the rear sleeve hitch to lift and haul buckets of rocks/tools/sand/salt around as needed.

https://i.imgur.com/8H4wEqt.jpg

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Re: Hello from Minneapolis, MN

Post by Tom Scott »

John, Welcome! It sounds like you're off to a great start!

Post anything you get into over in the "Cub Cadets and Shooting the Breeze" section. (Better to post pics than links.)
:beer:
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

johnknutson
First and Last Name: John Knutson

Re: Hello from Minneapolis, MN

Post by johnknutson »

Tom Scott wrote:John, Welcome! It sounds like you're off to a great start!

Post anything you get into over in the "Cub Cadets and Shooting the Breeze" section. (Better to post pics than links.)
:beer:
Thanks Tom! I tried posting with the img tag but it didn't work, I'll try again in the section you recommended, I have some pictures to share of my progress thus far.