Hello From Burlington CT

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
Modifyed
First and Last Name: Ziggy Seroczynski

Hello From Burlington CT

Post by Modifyed »

Hello Cub enthusiasts. I am a new owner of an 1872 with 45 inch snowblower and 60 inch Haban mow deck. I am normally a Simplicity guy owning 2 6216's and a 7112. I also have a JD LT133 (got it for free and it runs and cuts grass ok). I am also the operator and maintainer of a Cub Cadet LT1046.

I joined this group to gain and share knowledge amongst good people who actually use these machines. I do have a few questions.
1) can someone list the CC Super Garden Tractors... I believe my 1872 is one.
2) I read through some chats and saw the term "Cyclops"... What is that?
3) I have not dug all the way through all of the info here but... Anyone have any luck making their own 3pt weight box?

Thanks and looking forward to meeting you all.
Ziggy (modifyed)

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: Hello From Burlington CT

Post by JMotuzick »

Ziggy
Welcome!
I’m just down the road in Harwinton!
If Andre didn’t give you my number email me and we can meet up here. In my workshop today I can show you the differences from all the series! Currently at least one of every generation from the original to the 3000 series hear at the house. Some are in pieces or disrepair but I do have at least one!

As for the model listing ask Santa for hanks book “cub cadet the first 50’years” it should still be on amazon eBay etc. Hank was a member head for year but life changes and he drifted away.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Ziggy, Welcome! If you search some of my previous posts over the years, I have done some pontificating on the differences between some models and options.
(GT = regular Garden Tractor, SGT = Super Garden Tractor, when you read through various topics) Your 1872 is indeed an SGT.

Glad to have you here, Tom.
:beer:
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Welcome! I'm having a hard time typing your name as I just keep thinking of all the "make believe" characters :lol: If that's your real name that is very very unique. With your new cub you kinda did it backwards, you started almost at the top of the food chain. Most guys start with a 1960s or 70s bucket of bolts and work their way up. Anyway good score 1872 and again Welcome. Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Modifyed
First and Last Name: Ziggy Seroczynski

Post by Modifyed »

Well Thanks for the warm welcome... :beer:
I will be asking questions soon... :)