Tire Studs

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
OhioBinder
First and Last Name: David Gregg

Tire Studs

Post by OhioBinder »

Bought home another CC yesterday, a nice looking 1450. Side panels are missing as well as much of the muffler box, sides and bottom. Decent repaint at some point, new battery, a 44C deck that is the best one I've seen in a long time bearings seem good, baffles all there and good blades. Runs great needs some work on the hydro linkage like most. Gave $300 for it. Bought it out of the trading post area of a Old tractor/engine show. The owner is sure he has the sides at home somewhere and will look for them.
Anyways the rear tires are normal turf tires but they are studded like a snow tire. Never saw or heard of studs put in a garden tractor tire before. Has anyone else?
Not sure yet what to do with them.

David
David Gregg
NW oIHo

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Tire Studs

Post by dag1450 »

No i never saw it before...might be good down south for the occasional ice storm but then again why would u need to drive your tractor on ice. I think most people go right to tire chains. I do know my 127 has the old style Firestone tires and they have the holes for studs. Lets see some pics if possible. Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.