CC 3 Point #405 Self Powered Tiller What's it worth?

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Dieseldummy
First and Last Name: Dwight Douglas

CC 3 Point #405 Self Powered Tiller What's it worth?

Post by Dieseldummy »

Please add a starting price and I will move this post to the" For Sale" site. Remember on your price you can ask for OBO. :geezer: Geezer

I have a good running CC 3 Point mounted #405 Self Powered 8 HP B&S Tiller with owner's manual that I'm wanting to sell but I don't have any idea about what I should ask for it. It is in very good, all original condition. Just needs cleaned up. I have been using this behind my 1641 CC, but I'm no longer going to be gardening so I need to sell it. It's just too good to leave sitting in the garage to deteriorate.
Can anyone help me out?

Image Image Image

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: CC 3 Point #405 Self Powered Tiller What's it worth?

Post by dag1450 »

Well Dwight....Sorry about the lack of response ! I have thought about it but was waiting for someone with some experience to reply. I do think what u have is rare. I have seen a couple of the older white with the briggs engine over the years and if i remember they were asking $800 or there abouts. Yours looks very nice but not sure if the yellow stuff is as sought after....idk. Start at 7 or 800 and see what happens. U can always go lower but u can never go higher. lol. Good luck with the sale. Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

I don't think they are exceptionally rare; I have seen a few over the past two years. $600 range is the asking CL price I remember seeing on the ones I have come across.
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

List a starting price and I will move this this to the "for sale"