Now I remember why I like wide frames

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Now I remember why I like wide frames

Post by BigMike »

I have been mowing and picking leaves up with my 125 and have noticed a vibration getting worse. Tonight I started to pull the trans to replace the rag joint and the front coupler.......man, what a PITA to work on!
The other thing I have found is that MTD would just as soon we junk these old Cubs.......parts prices are nuts! But with the work I am going to do I figure I can get another 20 yrs service.....pretty good pay back :beer:

YosemiteSam
First and Last Name: Mark Hellrung

Re: Now I remember why I like wide frames

Post by YosemiteSam »

Right on all counts Mike.

The Narrow Frames can be somewhat difficult to work on, but getting in there once every 20 years, is better than owning some of this new junk on the market.

I also agree about the costs of Older Parts, it is highway robbery, the only positive is that it's just one step better than no parts at all.

Good Luck with your 125.
If you get a chance, check out my Facebook store for Cub Cadet Parts: https://www.facebook.com/CubCadetandKoh ... 6141763776

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

Driveline parts are beyond ridiculous. You're right though, at another 20 years service with the 125, that's 4-6 new throw-away mowers they can't sell you. The 125 is still a great, comfortable mower to ride on. Happy cubbing!
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

72cougarxr7
First and Last Name: Joshua Cronk

Post by 72cougarxr7 »

I used to think Deere prices were nuts...then I had to pay for some Cub parts!

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

I mowed with the old girl this week and it was good to be back in the saddle again.

Doog M
First and Last Name: Doog Martin

Post by Doog M »

BigMike125 was my first Cub. You sure do expand your vocabulary get the driveline out of one of them. :beer:

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Not to mention pealing skin off your hands!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson