Value of cub cadet original

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
EthanK
First and Last Name: Ethan Koenen

Value of cub cadet original

Post by EthanK »

I am looking for a bit of advice here since I'm fairly new to buying older Cadets. I recently stumbled across what appears to be a cub cadet original. I say appears because it is in the background of 2 other mowers for sale.

Long story short they said to make an offer, and I have no clue as to what a fair price would be since the ones I've seen online are all over the board. The little bit of information I have from them is that it has no deck or gas tank. They say it ran good when parked, but wouldn't be the first time I've heard that line.

Any help would be appreciated.

indy61
First and Last Name: Bill

Re: Value of cub cadet original

Post by indy61 »

Best guess...$75.00
You could spend all winter restoring and spend hundreds of dollars. Be lucky to find a buyer for $500.00

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Welcome Ethan. The value on any of these tractors is what someone will pay. I would say things have slowed in the last few years on all cub cadets. Years ago I think a non running but mostly complete was $150-200. The next thing guys look at is what options r bolted on the non runner, is there wheel weights, creeper, rear lift, mower deck, fenders, lights, things like that could raise the price a little. If the paint is pretty nice.. little more, if it's Rusty and crusty...a lot less. I don't think the original makes it too special so i would say a plain non running tractor today is $100-$150. Let us know how you make out.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Ky Greg
First and Last Name: Greg Laramore

Post by Ky Greg »

Probably 10+ years ago I paid 100 bucks for basically an original frame and a few parts, but it had factory dual rear wheel lugs. I've been out of the game so long I'd have no idea of fair market value these days, but low serial numbers and condition used to be a pricing factor.
Adapt, Improvise and Overcome!

EthanK
First and Last Name: Ethan Koenen

Post by EthanK »

Thanks all for the replies. I'm glad I asked so I didn't over spend on this. I will let you all know if I get it, but I have a feeling they think they are sitting on a gold mine. Good news is there's also a 125 not far from me in good shape besides the engine, so that's a potential back up project there.

Ky Greg
First and Last Name: Greg Laramore

Post by Ky Greg »

Good luck. You can never overspend on a CC...at least that's what I always told myself. lol
Adapt, Improvise and Overcome!