Memory Refresher for SGT Rims

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Re: Memory Refresher for SGT Rims

Post by Jlaws »

Super Rims are 8 1/2 inches wide . The GT series cubs usually run 10.5 tires on the 8.5 rims .
The super rims are the same width as the GT rims but have a different offset.
I personally think the 12 inch wide 26 inch tires look to wide for 8.5 rims , but thats what cub used.
I widened both my 982's rear rims to about 11 inches and the 26X12X12 inch rear tires lost some of there rounded look .
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Post by Farmallgray »

The very late Supers with the black plastic fender flares had wider rims, but I'm not sure how wide. Using the narrower 8.5" rims makes the tires taller and narrower. This makes the tractor more level, while the wider rims make the tractor look like it's going uphill.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Todd thats true that putting them on wider rims does shorten them some , but the PO of my 982's must have thought 35 psi was the proper air pressure ..LOL . needless to say they've swelled a little .
Stance can also be changed by the size and make of front tire , neither of mine look to be going uphill , but I've seen some that do look that way .
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

mgonitzke
First and Last Name: Matt Gonitzke

Post by mgonitzke »

I just put tru-powers on my 1872 stock 8.5" rims, and they are not that rounded, even at 20 psi.
Original, 582 w/ 18 hp Kohler Command, 682 w/ Kwik-Way loader, 782, 782D, 1872 My Cub Site

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Almost all 982's look like there slightly going uphill normally when you compare there stance next to a 582 or 782 anyway.
I went thru my pictures of 982's and I have only have one good shot from the side.
Rick Harris took this at the 2009 Ohio PD , and he even got Calvins and Mikes good side in one shot , what are the odds ...LOL
Attachments
982 stance.jpg

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Here's a couple of more of pictures taken at past plowdays . First one is my other 982 the other two were taken a few years back at Winnamac In . plow day . It was my first Pd and I don't know who's in the pictures , but you can see that the stance of a 982 is naturally a little taller in the front than the other 82 series GT tractors.
Attachments
982 stance 2.jpg
Sscn8171.jpg
Sscn8172.jpg

red82s
First and Last Name: Adrian Gitch

Post by red82s »

Here's a shot of a super with 782 next to it. Both have stock rims and tires. The super has the original turfs on the front
Attachments
IMG_0493 (640x480).jpg
Adrian