Get the lead out

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Get the lead out

Post by Klapatta »

While the old forum was down I finally got around to gettin offa my butt and make a weight bracket for the 100.
DSCN0064.JPG
It straddles across the width underneath
DSCN0066.JPG
Had to mill a notch to allow clearance for the brake clevis. I gave it the 194 pound end bounce test and there was almost no flex- that 6061-T6 aluminum is rugged stuff. All that was on hand was 1 1/4" and I wanted 1" so I had to turn a 3 foot length down to 1"-try doin that on lunch break without gettin noticed.
DSCN0068.JPG
DSCN0071.JPG
A while back I had molded up a bunch of 10 and 20 pound lead weights and they fitted between the foot rests and fenders perfectly,these are old melted down wheel weights.
DSCN0072.JPG
There are 2 20 pounders and 3 10 pounders mounted in this shot- it can hold 90 a side without flopping around and that happens to be how many I made.