Tire and Rims

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
dmcdowell
First and Last Name: Dan McDowell

Tire and Rims

Post by dmcdowell »

This question I am sure has been asked a million times but I am just asking for you boys out in the farm country for your opinion anyhow. I got a spare set of rims off a parted cub 108 which are showing the same width as my 107,126,123 rims which all have 8.5 turfs. These rims are a touch narrower than the rims on the 147 which also has turfs. My goal is to put 10.5 ags on them. Is this just politiclly incorrect or not that big of a deal? I pealed a pair of turf 8.5s off my sisters WH and put 10.5 carlisles on but I think the WH had similar width to the 147 rims. Come on guys, throw it at me. Everyone love a good tire question to wake up the forum.

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Re: Tire and Rims

Post by rweaver »

I have bought tractors that way but it rounds the tires to much dont look right

dmcdowell
First and Last Name: Dan McDowell

Re: Tire and Rims

Post by dmcdowell »

Thank you Ray, I have been wondering about the rounding bulge problem that may occur. Maybe I should get the 8.5s and look for ANOTHER set of the wider rim for the 1o.5s??? Only 3 out of 9 tractors mow so multiple set ups are something I may be interested in. Don't worry, I have your web site handy!! Thanks, Dan