I've seen the light!!

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Ky Greg
First and Last Name: Greg Laramore

I've seen the light!!

Post by Ky Greg »

Now for those of you that know me, know that I've never had too much good to say about the QL series CC's...heck, I've even got booted from another inferior CC forum for bad mouthing QL's, but today as I was doing my spring cleaning and tune up on the 128 I remembered that I needed a hood hinge so I get to digging thru my parts shed and find the nose and hood from the ole 1200 that was such a thorn in my side...the QL hood hinge was heavy duty and like new so that got me to thinking how many parts I had robbed from the 1200 and used on the 128....rear end, rear fenders, hood hinge, steering wheel, mowing deck....then it dawned on me that the QL's are useful after all....as parts donors!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Adapt, Improvise and Overcome!

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Re: I've seen the light!!

Post by ReicheP »

Booooo Hisssssssssssss
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

Ky Greg

Post by Ky Greg »

LOL...are you boo hissin' the QL's or me???...don't be a hater, it was all in good fun! :lol: :lol:

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

Don't let the 128 know that you put QL parts on it........ :oops:
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Greg

You got booted of another site for bad mouthing a QL, to think I had to get nasty emails LOL

I found a use for QL parts, I put them on Evil pay and buy real cubs with the money!

Your a good man!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

dmcdowell
First and Last Name: Dan McDowell

Post by dmcdowell »

How exactly do you insult a tractor so bad that nobody wants to play with you any more??? :?

jspicer
First and Last Name: Josh Spicer

Post by jspicer »

I haven't had too much experience with the QL's. But I know Paul's said this before: The only Quietline to own is an.........................................................................800! :P :beer: .
Cubs in the den: 882 Diesel, 1512 Diesel, 1772 SGT Diesel..............I've got a smokin' problem

Ky Greg

Post by Ky Greg »

Paul B wrote:Don't let the 128 know that you put QL parts on it........ :oops:
Paul, the 128 never saw where the parts came from...I told it they came from your place so it wouldn't reject it's transplanted parts! :lol: BTW...what's the status of the 71???
dmcdowell wrote:How exactly do you insult a tractor so bad that nobody wants to play with you any more??? :?
It's easy...you take one know it all from Arizona...add one wise butt forum moderator from Ohio....then mix anti QL remarks from a Kentuckian that has problems with authority figures....and tah dah! Bam!..your banned!.. :lol: :lol: Live and learn..

Amigatec
First and Last Name: Pat Benner

Post by Amigatec »

Ky Greg wrote:Now for those of you that know me, know that I've never had too much good to say about the QL series CC's...heck, I've even got booted from another inferior CC forum for bad mouthing QL's, but today as I was doing my spring cleaning and tune up on the 128 I remembered that I needed a hood hinge so I get to digging thru my parts shed and find the nose and hood from the ole 1200 that was such a thorn in my side...the QL hood hinge was heavy duty and like new so that got me to thinking how many parts I had robbed from the 1200 and used on the 128....rear end, rear fenders, hood hinge, steering wheel, mowing deck....then it dawned on me that the QL's are useful after all....as parts donors!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heck I may know the site, I left another site for other reasons.
CC 1973 Model 129
CC 1973 Model 149
TB 1978 Pony II
TB 1981 Horse II
TB 1988 Econo Horse
1950 David Bradley 917.5756

Oklahoma Giant Pumpkin Grower and State Record Holder.

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Greg,your condemning all QLs from your expirience with only one.....that's like saying all Cub guys are goofy when the only one you've met is Vince :lol:
That said I would NEVER own a gear drive QL but I'll take a dual hyd smooth as silk 1450 any day! ;)

In response to your comment about "another Cub forum" I say in my best hill rat booger pickin butt scratchin voice "there's another Cub forum?" :roll:

Ky Greg

Post by Ky Greg »

This from the guy who eats peanut butter on his pancakes!!! :roll: :lol:

Ky Greg

Post by Ky Greg »

bcuster wrote:
Ky Greg wrote:This from the guy who eats peanut butter on his pancakes!!! :roll: :lol:
Oh man.... Have you tried it? Mmmmmmm !! :headbang:
Yep..I must admit it's pretty tasty! :D

mlamar
First and Last Name: Mike LaMar

All part of the family

Post by mlamar »

If it is an older IH built Cub Cadet I'm all for it. They and we are all part of one big family. I wouldn't think of turning against my 3 brothers or 2 sister because one is fat, one is ugly, one is rich, one is poor, and one is dumb (yes I left myself out of that list). We are blood and that overlooks all our faults :geek:. I have and like all my Cubs, from my Originals to the big bad shaker 1650. They all have pros and cons to them. All are all welcome at my Cub Cadet refuge :D Okay...I feel better now ;)

CC1200
First and Last Name: Greg Galletti

Post by CC1200 »

Well I've got to differ. Here's a pic of my trusty 1200 with QA42 and cab. Starts every time, runs strong, and throws snow when I ask it to. Can't ask for much more out of the old boy. I'd say any cub is a good cub!
Attachments
cc1200.jpg

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

NOW your talkin!......eatin peanut butter pancakes whilst plowing with the 1450,as close to nirvana as one can get :lol: :lol:

l palma
First and Last Name: Lew Palma

Post by l palma »

Today IS national pancake day...eat them up

Ky Greg

Post by Ky Greg »

CC1200 wrote:Well I've got to differ. Here's a pic of my trusty 1200 with QA42 and cab. Starts every time, runs strong, and throws snow when I ask it to. Can't ask for much more out of the old boy. I'd say any cub is a good cub!

I notice the hood done shook clean off that one!
:lol:

CC1200
First and Last Name: Greg Galletti

Post by CC1200 »

Yes indeed, Had to pull the lid on the old guy to make some custom side panels for the cab. I simply gas it up and slide the hood into position. I fashioned some pins up front to align it and keep it from rattlin off. Now to get that radio mounted in the cab and I'll be good to go. Here he is in action.
cc12001.jpg
cc12001.jpg (32.69 KiB) Viewed 7607 times

wham
First and Last Name: Tim Ham

Post by wham »

Ease up on the QL's y'all, remember if James Bond owned a Cub Cadet it would be a QL ! ! ! (riddle me this??) :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Cub Cadets, Just Like Lays Potato Chips, no one can own Just One ! ! ! !
Originalx7, 70x2, 100x2, 71, 102, 72x2, 149, 169, 1450 two stick, 782, 782D, Z-Force (yaller fever )

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Post by Scott C. »

Shaken, not stirred....
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.